• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the purposes of the ‘wut’ were fairly obvious but evidently not. For future reference - https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wut

No, I’m not saying the conversation is important. I’ve repeatedly said the opposite.

I went back and re-read: “you are in effect setting up a court to judge the value of your life and time against mine”

Nothing I’ve said has expressed any desire to set myself up as an expert of any kind.

Oh, it’s no skin off my nose but I can glean my answer from you not responding.

Yes, and there was a follow up to that answer and a follow up to that one and a follow up to that one. Until you got the answer which you apparently couldn’t decipher from the sequence of posts preceding.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
You begin with (despite the various littered misspellings and grammar mishaps of your posts so far, acting as a defence against it), being deliberately obtuse. An understanding of the dictionary term 'wut' is not the question. The question is what was the meaning in your head for posting it? Why?

My post was an entirely innocent one, a simple ramble in the spirit of talking about a fictional online cricket game with a hint of joy (as we all do here).

What was the purpose of your response? That response is the source of all that comes after.

Your posts are becoming increasingly angry, aggressive and abusive. That route is a one trick pony, its escalation merely heightens the speed at which the spade digs the hole.

Jarquis

You begin with (despite the various littered misspellings and grammar mishaps of your posts so far, acting as a defence against it), being deliberately obtuse. An understanding of the dictionary term 'wut' is not the question. The question is what was the meaning in your head for posting it? Why?

My post was an entirely innocent one, a simple ramble in the spirit of talking about a fictional online cricket game with a hint of joy (as we all do here).

What was the purpose of your response? That response is the source of all that comes after.

Your posts are becoming increasingly angry, aggressive and abusive. That route is a one trick pony, its escalation merely heightens the speed at which the spade digs the hole.
Apologies for the spelling and grammar. My phone is legitimately a piece of junk that makes typing on almost unbearable. I'm not sure what you mean about it 'acting as a defence against it' however? What's a defence against what?
However, there is some level of hypocrisy about a person preaching against 'condecension' then nitpicking somebody else about spelling and grammar.

Yeah, we've established what the intent was. It was for me to express that I thought, and still think, that your approach was nonsensical. You're allowed to ignore me and think I'm wrong, I'm allowed to express that I think you're wasting your time.

There's no level of anger attached to my posting. A slight degree of frustration perhaps with you imploring for me to be more 'fulsome' with my responses before turning around and saying 'well not like that'. Only one of us has actually questioned the other's 'ability' or 'skill' with regards to the actual game itself also, and it wasn't me.

Also, why the insistance on talking in metaphors? It's kinda weird.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Let's cut to the chase and refer to the initial post rather than how you talk or how i speak which just clouds the originating issue and makes more frustrations antagonisms etc.

On that point am i right to think you are now saying that post was rude and unwarranted? I'd prefer an apology for that than your phone which is immaterial

Last edited:

Jarquis

It is quicker and simpler to just talk about the initial post rather than how you talk or how i speak which just clouds the originating issue

On that point am i right to think you are now saying that post was rude and unwarranted?
Well they're separate issues but issues nonetheless. However, seems like you're much more comfortable pointing the finger than considering your own transgressions.

No, it wasn't unwarranted. It contributed to the discussion at hand. Rude? Perhaps. Depends how sensitive you are. It was abrupt, being three characters and all.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I wish (and everyone else no doubt ) will wish to conclude this so the forum can be given back for its intended purpose.

The ongoing 'tennis' is a result of the original post which came from you. The rest would have not occurred without it. The rest has occurred because you wish to muddy the waters and deflect from the core matter and to some extent I have been sucked into that rather than focusing on your very simple and original intention.

'Wut?' is not a discussion - it is an attempt to belittle someone with a clear sign of incredulity and surliness. You have as good as admitted that to yourself when you have said you found the post nonsensical- that was in your mind when you posted it. I know it, you know it, you just find it hard to admit it.

There is no abruptness about a three letter word in terms of it representing a discussion. It is not a discussion, there is no exchange of opinion here on any concepts covered in the original mail .

It is deliberately as short as it can be, so that it is a 3 letter representation of your public disdain; nothing else. That is not how the forum has ever operated, and would only close down posts if every time people wrote something, they had the expectation of your aggression and desire to belittle without polite engagement.

That then is what I hope you will apologise for.

Last edited:

StephenZA

TMOs lost another game today where BQ and higher skill doesn’t matter but making sure you have “experience”. And it’s probably going to relegate TMOs. I will say 100% arrogantly, totally undeserved.

Jarquis

I wish (and everyone else no doubt ) will wish to conclude this so the forum can be given back for its intended purpose.

The ongoing 'tennis' is a result of the original post which came from you. The rest would have not occurred without it. The rest has occurred because you wish to muddy the waters and deflect from the core matter and to some extent I have been sucked into that rather than focusing on your very simple and original intention.

'Wut?' is not a discussion - it is an attempt to belittle someone with a clear sign of incredulity and surliness. You have as good as admitted that to yourself when you have said you found the post nonsensical- that was in your mind when you posted it. I know it, you know it, you just find it hard to admit it.

There is no abruptness about a three letter word in terms of it representing a discussion. It is not a discussion, there is no exchange of opinion here on any concepts covered in the original mail .

It is deliberately as short as it can be, so that it is a 3 letter representation of your public disdain; nothing else. That is not how the forum has ever operated, and would only close down posts if every time people wrote something, they had the expectation of your aggression and desire to belittle without polite engagement.

That then is what I hope you will apologise for.
Yeah, I thought your post was dumb. Get over it mate.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah, I thought your post was dumb. Get over it mate.
It’s done. The course of it to any impartial observer, inevitable but the ultimate statement never certain.

In the end despite the snarling, the denials, the endless incessant slights, the pitiable attempts to brow beat, belittle, criticise; deny, deflect and obfuscate (all the classis traits of the impoverished ‘bully’) there was nowhere to go and finally, slowly, inexorably (given the essence of your current nature, and it is current, we can all change) this final self-uttered admission of the objective of your original ‘post’.

It is a pity only for yourself that you could not bring yourself to apologise. It was never expected, nor of any value to anyone outside of your own conscious, but it would have been an initial step forward for you in a potential journey of self-recognition. To use symbolism rather than those devilish metaphors, the event itself is an amoebic pebble but to roll it would prove to the roller that the process is possible.

A lot of water has flown under the bridge, on a trip I’d rather not have taken but had to do so as a necessity, until this last utterance of yours that finally hoisted you up onto your own petard and closed the shrinking circle. Its direction followed the classic course for someone of your nature.

The bullying, aggressive, arrogant, initial attitude. The sense of being better and bigger and brasher than others to the point that they are merely ‘stage chorus’ to be demeaned for your own sense of frail worth. A lack of cognisance, to be trapped in the prism of the necessity to only grandiose one’s self – either by knocking down others or comically elevating oneself with the most meaningless of self- awarded achievements (my cricket knowledge, a matter of public knowledge).

We do not know the true name of Jarquis, Marcuss, the Astronaut or Pirate. But he has given us an elongated wormhole into what, how and who he is.

Sometimes, to use one of those ‘kinda weird’ metaphors again, the messenger is shot. But the gun is revealed and as a result the owner is neutered to the benefit of the society around him. I sense we will see less of this from yourself ongoing, at least to the majority; it can be hoped.

And of course, it is just a metaphor- there were no real shots, just a display of a somewhat troubled soul. I’m afraid I cannot be your mate; I am not that saintly but I do hope you have some to call on that will help you in the greater scheme of your onward life journey. Let it out, but in a good way.

We can only hope this is a trajectory moment and your orbit (for you) may follow a different course….Ground control to Major Tom….. we have blast off, the astronauts have cleared the tower!

Last edited:

Jarquis

You’re such an odd cat :laugh:

I never shied away or hid the fact I thought your initial post was dumb and I’ll stand by it.

I don’t have the energy to breakdown all of the ways in which you’ve deliberately misquoted me above.

StephenZA

Thursday 16th February/Saturday 18th February - ataraXIa v Jura CC
Thursday 16th February/Saturday 18th February - Ashgrove Astronauts v The Wild Geese

Tuesday 21st February - Free HK v Ashgrove Astronauts/The Wild Geese
Tuesday 21st February - The Merry Orangutans v ataraXIa/Jura CC

Saturday 25th February - FINAL
Do we have the results for this? Have the play offs completed.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Do we have the results for this? Have the play offs completed.
I have lost both semi-finals ! Not hoped for but I guess to be expected as both teams only clawed their way into the play offs with awful current form...Kandy continue to tumble down the WR now, out of the Top 150 so that seasonal goal of Top 100 looks rather ridiculous, Jura have made it to all all time high of 39 though.. a crumb of comfort!

cnerd123

likes this
FHK have made the interesting move of releasing Ivan Lam and Jamal Madani from their contracts on the eve of the CWC7 KO stages.

The idea being to give youngsters like Ted Hui, Tong Ying-Kit and Tiffany Yuen more opportunities in the senior XI, since they've all aged out of Dev cricket, but this could impact the team balance. The management is confident that the side is still strong enough and settled enough without Lam and Madani, but we'll have to wait and see what happens in the match vs AA.

Meanwhile ZCC have shown interest in getting Madani back in their squad, since Heshan de Mehlo is ageing and out and young Hasan Priyadarshi is not quite ready yet for senior cricket. Madani has barely kept wicket while at FHK but has stayed sharp as a batter, and has grown in experience and confidence in his stint in the Americas. Will be interesting to see how he fits into an already aggressive ZCC lineup. Heshan's ability to lay a platform, particularly in 50 over cricket, will be missed.

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FHK have made the interesting move of releasing Ivan Lam and Jamal Madani from their contracts on the eve of the CWC7 KO stages.

The idea being to give youngsters like Ted Hui, Tong Ying-Kit and Tiffany Yuen more opportunities in the senior XI, since they've all aged out of Dev cricket, but this could impact the team balance. The management is confident that the side is still strong enough and settled enough without Lam and Madani, but we'll have to wait and see what happens in the match vs AA.

Meanwhile ZCC have shown interest in getting Madani back in their squad, since Heshan de Mehlo is ageing and out and young Hasan Priyadarshi is not quite ready yet for senior cricket. Madani has barely kept wicket while at FHK but has stayed sharp as a batter, and has grown in experience and confidence in his stint in the Americas. Will be interesting to see how he fits into an already aggressive ZCC lineup. Heshan's ability to lay a platform, particularly in 50 over cricket, will be missed.
If this goes through, it will be storybook for Madani