• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure about 250 being a good score

This pitch is hard to start on but batsmen look pretty comfortable after a while

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Allan Border just compared Ashwin carrom ball to "John Gleeson". Any Australian cricket fans here know who he is? Need a history crash course.
Mystery spinner who played a test or two in the late 60s or early 70s. Bamboozled blokes at Shield level, got a call up but unless I'm mistaken he really didn't perform at test level and kind of choked a bit on the biggest stage.

@JBMAC may have more insights about him

edit: beaten

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cummins is likely to go down as an ATG bowler but he’s been batting like a complete scrub for about 3 years & some of his comments are cringe

If he can somehow eek out 40 + here, it will be a massive step in the right direction for his captaincy

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Australia's tenuous Border-Gavaskar trophy chances running through Peter Handscomb was really not what I had in mind about two months ago.

morgieb

Not sure about 250 being a good score

This pitch is hard to start on but batsmen look pretty comfortable after a while
Yeah I worry this could be the sort of wicket where India bat without a care to 400+.

Still, the pitch is bouncy and turning and the wickets that have fallen generally came to very good balls. In any case, if you told me we would get 250 at the start of the day I absolutely would've taken it.

Daemon

Very impressive total given the lack of Labu & Smith contributions. India's in trouble here if this goes on for a while.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
I'm not watching

which one is it ****?
It might not be breaking up like crazy, but I feel as though if Australia's spinners can't exploit what's on offer here, then there was never any hope anyway. So 250 will be a good score if we ever had designs on the series.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The last game day 1 was a very good wickett to bat and it honestly was still a decent wicket all through to bat on once you were set even on day 3. This one seems an even better wicket to bat on. Typically low slow Delhi deck once the moisture dies away I feel.

Gob

International Coach
The last game day 1 was a very good wickett o bat 1 and it honestly was still a decent wicket all through to bat on once you were set. This one seems an even better wicket to bat on. Typically low slow Delhi deck once the moisture dies away I feel.
You people are more confusing than my ex

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Cummins showing he is a good enough #8 here. Jaddu and Axar's form is a bit worrying. And Shami, whiel he has taken wickets and bowled threatening balls, has also bowled a lot of filth in between. It is one area where he had tightened up a bit, with only 1 ball per over on the legs instead of his usual 3 etc but seems to have gone back to old Shami today.

Ash is usually not at his best when he has to carry the attack.

subshakerz

International Coach
No. This is still a bowling friendly wicket and very difficult for a new bat to play on, and will get worse as the match goes on. But easier than the last test. The odd ball definitely misbehaves.

India scoring 400 would need a couple of their bats playing exceptional knocks unless Australia bowl poorly.