• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Handscomb is the one guy in this side against whom Shami or Siraj will be far more dangerous than the spinners. Played brilliantly so far and Usman too, though he has had a LOT of luck in this innings. All he can do is make use of the luck he is getting and he is making excellent use of it so far.

Game could go either way and its hard to work out a par score as the morning moisture is gonna stay a bit longer in these conditions, so we may not really be seeing how the pitch would be when it settles down but anything less than 250 and Aus should feel they lost the advantage of winning the toss.

On the topic of AQI, I dont think the research etc. is at an established enough level to take it as gospel but speaking as someone who has both family and friends there, including a very recent new-born, you really should not be scheduling any sporting events in Delhi and perhaps northern Pak as well, wherever the crop burning stuff is brought along by the winds. We should not take the long term health of sportsmen this lightly. And when I say any sporting events, I mean any. No local, national or international stuff.

Spark

Global Moderator
On the topic of AQI, I dont think the research etc. is at an established enough level to take it as gospel but speaking as someone who has both family and friends there, including a very recent new-born, you really should not be scheduling any sporting events in Delhi and perhaps northern Pak as well, wherever the crop burning stuff is brought along by the winds. We should not take the long term health of sportsmen this lightly. And when I say any sporting events, I mean any. No local, national or international stuff.
Yeah I think AQI is a slightly dodgy measure - certainly less so than the straightforward PM 2.5 reading - but when it's that high, it doesn't matter, because clearly something and probably many somethings are way outside safe levels to produce a number like that.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Lots to be said about Handscomb's technique but that he never looks like getting caught on the crease against the spinners is a huge advantage. Plays back most of the time and when he goes forward it's a decisive move down the track.
Day one or two wicket batting Paradise at delhi.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Handscomb is the one guy in this side against whom Shami or Siraj will be far more dangerous than the spinners. Played brilliantly so far and Usman too, though he has had a LOT of luck in this innings. All he can do is make use of the luck he is getting and he is making excellent use of it so far.

Game could go either way and its hard to work out a par score as the morning moisture is gonna stay a bit longer in these conditions, so we may not really be seeing how the pitch would be when it settles down but anything less than 250 and Aus should feel they lost the advantage of winning the toss.

It's a problem that is exacerbated because of when the cricket season is in the sub-continent.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully Handscomb bats with the tail better than he did in the last Test. Will be the difference between 180 and 220.

I honestly don't think we've batted all that badly this Test. Certainly I think we've batted with a plan. Alas, I have no idea how well we're gonna bowl on this wicket.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hopefully Handscomb bats with the tail better than he did in the last Test. Will be the difference between 180 and 220.

I honestly don't think we've batted all that badly this Test. Certainly I think we've batted with a plan. Alas, I have no idea how well we're gonna bowl on this wicket.
Yeah the issue is the black hole at the top and Marnus and Smith doing nothing (which is rare). Khawaja and Handscomb have certainly demonstrated that they have a gameplan which can flourish in these conditions.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe. There’s a lot more bounce though

I think Lyon will like it tbh
Bounce is more of a factor here for sure. Australia would have loved to have another fast bowler to complement Cummins. If Australia had 5 bowlers here, India might have been in trouble. Still think 4 bowlers is not the way to win away from home.

JBMAC

State Captain
Quite frankly I think CA should send for the ladies in South Africa at this point. We are in a mile of trouble here and I believe the Perrys, Healy, King and company will fare better