• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in NZ 2023

Howe_zat

Audio File
So far we haven't bowled all that well barring Southee and England definitely have helped us by playing some average shots gifting wickets but the good thing is the pitch looks flat. It could have been worse if one of the top 4 guys got struck in but we have our noses slightly ahead here I think.

Bit of a solace is the pitch is flat and I think we can bat couple of days here quite comfortably.
Odds disagree with you strongly - NZ are out to 5.00 after having started the day on about half that.

Daniel CC

School Boy/Girl Captain
England playing to their strengths.

Bazball is safe, odds friendly cricket given England's talent pool is deeper in the white ball end.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Odds disagree with you strongly - NZ are out to 5.00 after having started the day on about half that.
England has a long tail, one more wicket and high chances we could keep them under 350. It's defintely surmountable on this deck.

thierry henry

International Coach
This guy Brook will get out cheaply one of these days. Just not this test, or his previous test, or the one before that, or the one before that

Moss

Bad time for Ajaz to have had a poor Pakistan tour. Though NZ are anti-spin at home, he would have been a good option to have against this sort of opposition.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Ben Foakes is such a key player for this Eng side.......I hope any thoughts of him getting left out when Bairstow becomes available are well and truly in the bin.

thierry henry

International Coach
Feels like a contest between our bowling being awful vs England having some overdue bad luck. England to score 600 now that I’ve said this.

G. S. Kohli

missing the milestone

153/ 87 -Rawalpindi
09/ 108 -multan
108/DNB -Karachi
89 out -Mount M

Harry Brook just missed to join selects group of players with 4 century in 4 Consecutive tests by 11 runs

-------
Below 4 in 4 Consecutive:
Smith/Tendulkar/Gavaskar/Fingleton/Kallis/N.Harvey/Walcott/Dravid & Sangakara

Everton weeks was in the list of 4 (all though he was in a list of 5 century for many years (between Mar -Dec 1948> 5 century)

While Berrington, Hayden & Bradman did 4 century in 4 tests twice

M.Yusuf/ G.Gambhir & Kallis 5 in 5 test Consecutive

Bradman 6 in 6 tests Consecutive (1937-38)