• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marnus has an obscene strike rate vs spin from memory, something like 70 at test level (unsure of his strike rate vs spin in Asia specifically, he's played 5 tests there recently + the 2 uae tests vs PAK when he debuted that are included but he also bashes spin around the park at home. He's confident at using all 3 varients of the sweep and using his feet to find gaps and makes runs doing it consistently. https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...-vs-australia-2nd-test-1307302/full-scorecard His 100 here was at a SR of 66 and it's by far the best knock i've seen him playing in Asia.

The agression can also get him out occasionally (the wierd "sweep" he got out to in the second innings of this game a clear example), but i'de rather see him getting out making runs and scoring naturally then playing with a negative mindset and misreading the ball completely.
He's playing spinners on a different level here though. On tougher decks too

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but he batted very well in the first dig.

Aus needs a team pact to be put in place that if you bat in the top seven and get out being beaten on your inside edge then your team mates are allowed to beat you to death with stumps after the game. Smith and Labushagne did it first dig pretty well til Smith got done through the gate, it needs to be the default method. If it turns past you and takes the outside edge/ bowls you, then so be it.

Sure it's a limiting sort of approach but it's a simple one to at least try to implement. It's not overly complicated like trying to get blokes who aren't natural sweepers to play a lot more of that shot, for example. I'd rather get bowled out by balls ripping past the edge than playing for extravagant turn and getting out lbw to ones which barely go off the straight. You're facing very good bowlers in helpful conditions. It's going to be tough but if you emphasize the no inside edge approach you at least make them something a bit special.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but he batted very well in the first dig.

Aus needs a team pact to be put in place that if you bat in the top seven and get out being beaten on your inside edge then your team mates are allowed to beat you to death with stumps after the game. Smith and Labushagne did it first dig pretty well til Smith got done through the gate, it needs to be the default method. If it turns past you and takes the outside edge/ bowls you, then so be it.

Sure it's a limiting sort of approach but it's a simple one to try to at least try to implement. It's not overly complicated like trying to get blokes who aren't natural sweepers to play a lot more of that shot, for example. I'd rather get bowled out by balls ripping past the edge than playing for extravagant turn and getting out lbw to ones which barely go off the straight. You're facing good bowlers in helpful conditions. It's going to be tough but if you emphasize the no inside edge approach you at least make them something a bit special.
Or driving an ashwin ball that pitched in the rough. Looking at you usman, soft as it gets.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How do you know it went behind the line? And if so how did the umpires **** that up when Jadeja has been bowling that way the whole game? Not that I put anything beyond the abilities of the umpires to get wrong but it seems a particularly strange error to make
There are missing frames after that still image obv where his foot always comes down. I think it came down borderline on/behind the line and the umpire just made an error.

Gob

International Coach
Dharmashala out. That was Aust best chance I thought. How is Delhi like can't remember other than Lyon 7 for in 2013

Head
Khawaja
Marnus
Smith
Handscomb
Green
Carey
Starc/Kuhneman (depending on the wicket)
Cummins
Lyon
Murphy

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Dharmashala out. That was Aust best chance I thought. How is Delhi like can't remember other than Lyon 7 for in 2013
Delhi has always favored spin, even in IPL matches. It is where Kumble got his 10 fer too. There is a good chance of this being a big turner and hence, Aussie spinners also coming into play big time.

Coronis

International Coach
At least one good thing besides Murphy came out of the first test - I have a $100 bet with an Indian co-worker on who will perform better this series, Smith or Kohli. Good start for me I believe.

Gob

International Coach
At least one good thing besides Murphy came out of the first test - I have a $100 bet with an Indian co-worker on who will perform better this series, Smith or Kohli. Good start for me I believe.
Did he include catching in the bet?

Gob

International Coach
Nah it all stemmed from a conversation where I said Smith was clearly superior as a test batsman and he said that was ridiculous and every Indian would also think it ridiculous. (casual fan yes)
Did you point the almost 12 run average difference?