• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is there a case for the injury prone bumrah with the pace bowlers in this kind of form?
Bumrah's in the top three or four pacers in the world when he's fit. Be like Cummins missing games for Aus and then preferring others when he's back. Won't happen. And nor should it.

OverratedSanity

Not that much turn so far. Should've just prepared rough outisde the right handers' stump. Not like we can't get Khawaja/Warner and co out without it. Poor from the curators.

halba

International 12th Man
Aus should've played 3 Pacers for this pitch.

Also Warner is really useless overseas is there a case for his retirement

the big bambino

International Captain
Agree that Head should have played in front of Warner and have Renshaw open. I suppose Renshaw could send a few throw downs as a respite to the main bowlers. No Gill is a surprise. We definitely have a side that could bowl a long time and bat a short time. So much on this duo.

Burgey

Karthik really never shuts up does he
Is it Dinesh or Murali? I saw some highlights the other day with Murali Karthik bowling form back in the early 2000s. Always thought he was pretty decent tbh

Smith is in that crazy fidgety zone where anyone within about 1,000kms can tell he' flat out busting his arse over every ball.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its interesting to see Smith has totally changed his technique here. The ball is keeping low but I dont think its that low yet and its not been inconsistent so far. Personally, think its too early to change your technique to this extent already.

Spark

Global Moderator
Its interesting to see Smith has totally changed his technique here. The ball is keeping low but I dont think its that low yet and its not been inconsistent so far. Personally, think its too early to change your technique to this extent already.
It's Steve Smith, he changes his entire technique because a single ball did something funny, and will change it back just as quickly

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is it Dinesh or Murali? I saw some highlights the other day with Murali Karthik bowling form back in the early 2000s. Always thought he was pretty decent tbh

Smith is in that crazy fidgety zone where anyone within about 1,000kms can tell he' flat out busting his arse over every ball.
They both are commentators now. Murali Kartik was there for the ODIs and is usually a fixture in the home games. There seems to be a Karthik quota in the comm box, lol. Both pretty bland and bad but between them, I prefer MK as he at least has opinions and does not provide on the fence "talks a lot, says little" junk that DK usually does.

Burgey

I think he's trying to get outside the line in case one jags or keeps low. Bloke's a freak. "Doing a bit so I'll just completely change the way I move at the crease. But only at one end."

Spark

Global Moderator
Meanwhile I'm honestly not seeing a lot to complain about or frankly even worth mentioning so far wrt the pitch but we'll see what happens once a left hander has a go

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think he's trying to get outside the line in case one jags or keeps low. Bloke's a freak. "Doing a bit so I'll just completely change the way I move at the crease. But only at one end."
The footwork I get, its the way he is holding the bat to the seamers and how he is meeting the ball. Very interesting.