• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol there's genuinely not a lot there I disagree with, though tbh we've all heard it about 500 times before.

the big bambino

International Captain
Pretty sure the cracks were open and visible on a right handers good length from day 1 at the Gabba in 2021.
Pure unadulterated bharani. India doctors a pitch but lets not be too hasty - see how it goes, I urge caution - besides is it really as bad as it looks? And btw the way did you see that unicorn at the gabba?! But if India cops one bad decision: waaaaaaaaaah.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
View attachment 34508
hahaha

Even if they play Agar, don't think it would really work a cos Agar is terrible and b cos India right handers can just kick it away. Handscomb would have to play I guess.

Only hope Aust has here is win the toss and bat
The toss is NOT a factor on pitches that spin from the very 1st session.

And contrary to popular belief, the absolute worst time to bat may not necessarily be the 4th innings as the pitch does slow down. So it may well be the 3rd innings when it is toughest to bat because the pitch may still be fast enough and spinning sharply.

Shady Slim

International Coach
my pick for the series
australia 2-1
smith the most runs
ashwin the most wickets

smith has a recent ashes in england style series and carries the team on his back. india bowls well and no australian bowler is a better stand out than the supernerd, but as a whole india’s brittle batting can’t set totals big enough to pacify smith

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
^Yeah it really is. Pierson is probably the best gloveman in Australia. The Tory Bootlicker's keeping is pretty ordinary tbh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honestly I know they were pretty flat but those 2010 pitches are still the archetype for what I expect the average Indian deck to look like tbh. Those were two good games.
Nah.. they were similar to Chennai 2021 1st test. Tracks that start flat but worsen around day 3 for batsmen are the worst as it really tilts the balance towards whoever wins the toss and bats first. Almost all tracks in 2008 and 2010 were like that. The Aussie sides being too inept to take advantage everytime they won the toss does not change that fact, IMO.

Far rather have tracks that turn from the get go but have true and even bounce. To me, that is an ideal track, where it can be tough for new batsmen but once a batter is set, they can play as the bounce at least is true and it is only the horizontal movement you have to worry about. I would say the same for tracks that help seam and swing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pure unadulterated bharani. India doctors a pitch but lets not be too hasty - see how it goes, I urge caution - besides is it really as bad as it looks? And btw the way did you see that unicorn at the gabba?! But if India cops one bad decision: waaaaaaaaaah.

:laugh: Pure unadulterated bambino. Poster makes a post - take bigoted and false potshots at poster instead of trying to read actual post. And btw, did you see the rose-tinted colorful fortress at Gabba that was won because cheating Indians were holed up in their hotels with no access to gym, and therefore fresher than Aussies? But if Australia faces one track that actually sees the ball move horizontally: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the big bambino

International Captain
:laugh: Pure unadulterated bambino. Poster makes a post - take bigoted and false potshots at poster instead of trying to read actual post. And btw, did you see the rose-tinted colorful fortress at Gabba that was won because cheating Indians were holed up in their hotels with no access to gym, and therefore fresher than Aussies? But if Australia faces one track that actually sees the ball move horizontally: waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Nah - its what you said, bull ****ter.

And the rest of your post is diversionary what the ****ery.