• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Spark

Global Moderator
Wait are we all playing a bit or are we legitimately saying that deliberately preparing a pitch in such a way that one specific part of it behaves completely differently to the rest of it is an okay and proper thing to do?

We're on a cricket forum, right? We actually like this sport, yes? The sport that involves cricket team vs cricket team, not cricket team vs curator?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait are we all playing a bit or are we legitimately saying that deliberately preparing a pitch in such a way that one specific part of it behaves completely differently to the rest of it is an okay and proper thing to do?

We're on a cricket forum, right? We actually like this sport, yes? The sport that involves cricket team vs cricket team, not cricket team vs curator?
lol no it's appalling, but it's easier to laugh at it than deal with the confected outrage of the slighted.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The build-up to this tour has been quite good so far. Lot of anticipation and hype to day one. Ashwin has been releasing quite a few tidbits too on his videos in the Youtube platform.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this

both teams have to play on the same surface. If one team is better suited to it than the other then so be it. This is literally how cricket has worked for 100s of years and it's naïve to pretend otherwise.

Gob

International Coach
both teams have to play on the same surface. If one team is better suited to it than the other then so be it. This is literally how cricket has worked for 100s of years and it's naïve to pretend otherwise.
Not exactly. It's obvious they are leaving certain parts of the wicket dry (out side the left handers off stump) to take advantage of the left handed heavy Aust batting line up. Making the whole pitch dry I get it but I have not seen this before

I don't think this is right but couldn't be ****ed to argue about it

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Not exactly. It's obvious they are leaving certain parts of the wicket dry (out side the left handers off stump) to take advantage of the left handed heavy Aust batting line up. Making the whole pitch dry I get it but I have not seen this before

I don't think this is right but couldn't be ****ed to argue about it
The sum of right handers' potential for Australia is better than the left-handers I daresay. Smith plus Labu better than all the other Aussie batsmen.