• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

halba

International 12th Man
likely XI's my prediction

india

RAHUL
ROHIT
PUJ
KOHLI
SKY
JADEJA
BHARAT
ASHWIN
AXAR/KULDEEP
SIRAJ
UMESH YADAV

AUS

KHAWAJA
WARNER
LABUSCHAGNE
SMITH
HEAD
CAREY
CUMMINS
BOLAND
MURPHY/AGAR
LYON
SWEPSON

need that wrist spinner -if conditions spin.

Gob

International Coach
likely XI's my prediction

india

RAHUL
ROHIT
PUJ
KOHLI
SKY
JADEJA
BHARAT
ASHWIN
AXAR/KULDEEP
SIRAJ
UMESH YADAV

AUS

KHAWAJA
WARNER
LABUSCHAGNE
SMITH
HEAD
CAREY
CUMMINS
BOLAND
MURPHY/AGAR
LYON
SWEPSON

need that wrist spinner -if conditions spin.
Turn off the ****ing caps

Also horrible teams

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Probably the most disgraceful pitch prep I've just about ever seen tbh.

If ever there was a time for the ICC to come down on the BCCI.

Otherwise it should just be open season on pitch prep.

Take to the GABBA with sledge hammers an hour before the test on a good length.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
both teams have to play on the same surface. If one team is better suited to it than the other then so be it. This is literally how cricket has worked for 100s of years and it's naïve to pretend otherwise.
Oh yeah it's just a pure coincidence, just sheer luck that it happened to have one spot on it prepared totally differently to everywhere else

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not exactly. It's obvious they are leaving certain parts of the wicket dry (out side the left handers off stump) to take advantage of the left handed heavy Aust batting line up. Making the whole pitch dry I get it but I have not seen this before

I don't think this is right but couldn't be ****ed to argue about it
They don' need to doctor the pitch to get Aussie LHBs out, they have Anna for that

Spark

Global Moderator
They don' need to doctor the pitch to get Aussie LHBs out, they have Anna for that
Great, so we should all have no issues saying that deliberately taking different approaches to different parts of a pitch is not part of proper pitch preparation.

cnerd123

likes this
Oh yeah it's just a pure coincidence, just sheer luck that it happened to have one spot on it prepared totally differently to everywhere else
Not at all. The home team always makes the pitches, and if they're skilled enough to produce a deck that behaves differently for lefties than to righties then full power to them. Again, you're acting as if this is a new thing. Home teams rig decks to suit them all the time and if the visiting team can't cope then that's their loss.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not at all. The home team always makes the pitches, and if they're skilled enough to produce a deck that behaves differently for lefties than to righties then full power to them. Again, you're acting as if this is a new thing.
Yes the skill of not watering one part of the pitch. Such arcane and esoteric knowledge, this storied ability to stop two metres short of a white line. Incredible how this is beyond the capability of mere mortals.

Home teams rig decks to suit them all the time and if the visiting team can't cope then that's their loss.
My complaint is very specifically about (supposedly, this is all hypothetical at this stage) different parts of the pitch prepared differently. If you can find one (one) example of that happening in the last ten years then I'd be fascinated because this sure is a first for me. Prepare a raging turner all you like, that's fine.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Genuinely have no idea how Boland would adapt to a raging turner, that is the one set of conditions that simply does not exist in Shield cricket. Guess we will all find out soon enough if Nagpur plays as expected

Got no worries about him on a flat one though, Boland has bowled on plenty of those for Victoria and has consistently done the job on them. Likely won't produce the rush of wickets we have seen in his Test career to date (honestly that was never really his MO domestically anyway) but can be relied upon to get through plenty of overs and keep things tight while doing so
Boland will take 6/7 bowling left-arm unorthodox on a turner.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not at all. The home team always makes the pitches, and if they're skilled enough to produce a deck that behaves differently for lefties than to righties then full power to them. Again, you're acting as if this is a new thing. Home teams rig decks to suit them all the time and if the visiting team can't cope then that's their loss.
Lol come on, I generally share this view but rigging it to this specific extent is taking the piss.

It's objectively funny though and it'd be even more hilarious if we lost.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol come on, I generally share this view but rigging it to this specific extent is taking the piss.

It's objectively funny though and it'd be even more hilarious if we lost.
If that's what's doing (and no one will really know til tomorrow) I'm actually surprised India is sufficiently worried about this particular Aus line up to do it.