• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most overrated cricketer

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Larwoods whole deal was he was the only bowler to be able to blunt the GOAT batsman over a series, he deserves immense credit for that alone. He was Bradmans only true challenge as a player if his series averages are anything to go by

Not sure how much grief Grimmet and O'Reilly gave him domestically

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Larwoods whole deal was he was the only bowler to be able to blunt the GOAT batsman over a series, he deserves immense credit for that alone. He was Bradmans only true challenge as a player if his series averages are anything to go by

Not sure how much grief Grimmet and O'Reilly gave him domestically
Eddie Gilbert (described by Bradman as the fastest bowler he ever faced) bowled him for a duck.

Bradman was caught behind off Cowie (NZ vs Sth Aus) for 11 the only time he faced him.

AnthonyC

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Tebdulkar, there are multiple web sites by sporting sites that rate him as the cricketer of all time. Bradman, Sobers and Grace are clearly above him, and Smith is arguable better or on par.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tebdulkar, there are multiple web sites by sporting sites that rate him as the cricketer of all time. Bradman, Sobers and Grace are clearly above him, and Smith is arguable better or on par.
TBF, Smith is nowhere near if you apply casual fan logic of all cricket than just tests. And yes, he is definitely over-rated by fanbois on the internet but not within the cricket community itself IMO.

Flem274*

123/5
Lockie ferguson, always see kiwis wanting him selected across formats. Interesting that he's often not picked even when fit. Always is expensive in white ball even if he's always good for a couple of wickets
He's one of the first names on the white ball team sheet since 2018 or so. Definitely wanted him picked in Test cricket before he was, not so much right now. Has been a bit flat since his return.

Had a fantastic odi wc and outperformed rivals in domestic red ball. Was always a worthy name to discuss.

Flem274*

123/5
Neesham, agreed. Vastly overrated
Haha on cw he probably is since we tend to stick up for guys who seem randomly on the outer.

Nz definitely rate him a bit lower than he should be in terms of how happily they dropped him after the 2019 wc.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Overall it's probably either Tendulkar or Anderson. Maybe close to a billion Indians consider Sachin better than Bradman. I've also seen English posters deny that their media/former players don't overrate Anderson, which doesn't seem true because I've seen several former English players say Anderson is the best ever. Alec Stewart said he was better than McGrath and Marshall.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Overall it's probably either Tendulkar or Anderson. Maybe close to a billion Indians consider Sachin better than Bradman. I've also seen English posters deny that their media/former players don't overrate Anderson, which doesn't seem true because I've seen several former English players say Anderson is the best ever. Alec Stewart said he was better than McGrath and Marshall.
That can’t be true cos a sizeable portion consider Dravid and Kohli > Sachin
Then there’s the boomer Sunny > Sachin crowd

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol......big calls on a few points there fella. Can you back any of that up with like.....anything?

TheJediBrah

This all sounds true, and my biggest takeaway from it is that people are idiots

OverratedSanity

Lol......big calls on a few points there fella. Can you back any of that up with like.....anything?
Former England captain and wicketkeeper Alec Stewart too praised Anderson and also went on to say that once Anderson crosses McGrath’s tally of 563, he can be termed as the best fast bowler ever.

“He’s a great of the game,” Stewart told BBC Radio 5 live. “His longevity is remarkable. Once he goes past McGrath, he is 100 per cent the best fast bowler ever and he deserves that. If he plays another four years, he can take another 130 to 150 wickets.”