• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Cricket is a game of batting, bowling & fielding

Mankads involve none of the above and in most instances, the ball isn’t even in play when attempted
Even DRS reviews involve none of the above. But you should know how to use them. In an ideal world, the umpires should make use of technology and make sure every decision is correct, but those are not the rules and it's left on the players. And players are simply following rules.

There is no justification whatsoever if someone repeatedly leaves the crease before the bowler has released the ball.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yes... player who played the game says something happened in the game. Player who was nowhere near says it was not. I am sure the latter is right.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket is a game of batting, bowling & fielding

Mankads involve none of the above and in most instances, the ball isn’t even in play when attempted
well almost by definition it involves both bowling and fielding

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's a bit sucky that this has ended up being by far the most posts the women's cricket thread has ever had in a single day.

(Or two days, I guess)
I was shocked to find this thread has been around since 2003 lol. A single Ashes test thread can get to this amount of posts

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Even though it was the 72nd time she had left the crease before the bowler had released the ball?
As someone else pointed out, if cricketers are so comfortable with this mode of dismissal a) why don't we see it more often? It's an almost guaranteed wicket, and; b) why did Deepti look so goddamn sheepish after she'd done it?

Just ban it. Job done.

Spark

Global Moderator
Its funny how we have people who feel the need to explain the "spirit of the game" all of a sudden here too, and its no secret who they are.

The point is very simple - the crease is the home of the batter, irrespective of which end you are at. You leave it, you are risking losing your wicket. Accept it and move on and dont call a simple game-play cheating just because you couldn't be arsed staying within a line, the same line a bowler always has to stay inside.

Did you even watch what happened this time?
You'll have to point out where exactly I mentioned the spirit of the game because I sure can't find it.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why is wanting to maintain the spirit of the game a bad thing

I get it's hypocritical for players with a history of not playing in the spirit of the game to comment, but for every Dave warner we had a Brad Hogg too you know(who's respectable take via tweet was hijacked by nonsense)

Shady Slim

International Coach
Lost in all this emotion is the most obvious solution

Ban finger spinners as they’re the only ***** who are able to stop mid action to affect a Mankad
fat blokes across australia will take you to the human rights commish if you try this

Xix2565

International Regular
As someone else pointed out, if cricketers are so comfortable with this mode of dismissal a) why don't we see it more often? It's an almost guaranteed wicket, and; b) why did Deepti look so goddamn sheepish after she'd done it?

Just ban it. Job done.
A) Lack of awareness for most players + degree of difficulty in stopping and turning for some types of bowlers.

B) Again, bullshit body language reading is still bullshit, not some reasoned deduction.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
A) Lack of awareness for most players + degree of difficulty in stopping and turning for some types of bowlers.

B) Again, bull**** body language reading is still bull****, not some reasoned deduction.
I don't buy 'A', and your bias is hindering your judgement of 'B'

Xix2565

International Regular
Why is it impossible to believe most people don't care enough about getting run out at the non-strikers? Or that for some it might be difficult to pull off easily?

You're the one reading people's minds and guessing stuff we can't tell to pass judgement, not me. What bias are you talking about?

Xix2565

International Regular
Means nothing if you're trying to guess intent and emotions to me. Especially when it's clearly not being done in an unbiased manner.