• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Xix2565

International Regular
Why should I reply to Spark? He's not tagging me like the rest of you. And he's got his stuff pretty clear, so what else do I have to say that I haven't already?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lost in all this emotion is the most obvious solution

Ban finger spinners as they’re the only ***** who are able to stop mid action to affect a Mankad

mr_mister

Why should I reply to Spark? He's not tagging me like the rest of you. And he's got his stuff pretty clear, so what else do I have to say that I haven't already?
He's saying what we've all thought this whole time you know, and what should have been really obvious. hell I alluded to it in my second post on the matter which you called me and idiot for. So you obviously disagree with the logic

Xix2565

International Regular
He's saying what we've all thought this whole time you know, and what should have been really obvious. hell I alluded to it in my second post on the matter which you called me and idiot for. So you obviously disagree with the logic
He's not interested in a discussion so why should I bother? You obviously are so I replied to you, not Spark.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The non-striker should stay in their crease till the ball is released by the bowler or else face the risk of being run out. Its that simple. You don't need any skills to get a batsman hit wicket either. Doesn't mean its not a legitimate form of dismissal.
I don't know that I agree with this tbh. As it stands the batsman isn't required to stay in their crease til the ball is released, are they? Aren't they simply required to stay in their crease until the point where the bowler would ordinarily release the ball?

Or in my case, release the ball ordinarily.

mr_mister

Lost in all this emotion is the most obvious solution

Ban finger spinners as they’re the only ***** who are able to stop mid action to affect a Mankad
Lol, the leggie has the toppie, flipper and googly as variations

The offie has the chucked doosra and the mankad as theirs

I'm an offie myself but I might have to take a look in the mirror now

Spark

Global Moderator
Okay, pretend I wrote it lol. Because it lines up with what I think
I mean to be plain I should state that the underlying logic goes both ways which is why we end up in this weird vague middle ground that we have now. No mankading being exploited by non-strikers running > a third of the pitch when the ball is bowled would also be kind of gamebreaking. Not as visually jarring because runs are less significant than wickets and because mankading is so far outside the usual patterns of play, but still pretty bad, enough that it would be a serious problem that needed fixing.

I don't know the solution to the problem. I also am not really convinced that it's important enough to merit one.

mr_mister

I don't know the solution to the problem. I also am not really convinced that it's important enough to merit one.
For now you're probably right. But imagine the fireworks if England decides to go down the "eye for an eye" road in the future. Because I do not see sides suddenly giving the opposition zero opportunities for another mankad. There will continue to be multiple chances every close ODI game IMO