• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan tour of Sri Lanka - 2022

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Great win, and well played by SL as well. Really really did not give us a chance once the lead went north of 200. Amazing from Shafique.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
SA is no 1 in the WTC at the moment (after Aus lost the 2nd test v SL). I really hope the Saffas thrash England (sorry Baz).
They have 6 tests remaining in Eng + Aus. So they need to beat at least one of them to go through. Margin won't matter.
Atm it looks like either
Pak v Aus (high chance)
Aus v Ind (decent chance)
Ind v Pak (low chance)

PCT of above 67-68% would be enough for all teams.

shortpitched713

International Captain
So when is Abid Ali scheduled to be back?

Could Pakistan actually have 2 competent opening batsmen playing together for the first time since???

green machine

Cricket Spectator
I hope Pakistan don't go in with the same team again.

I'd be keen to see how Saud Shakeel or Kamran Ghulam and Haris Rauf go on these pitches.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
So when is Abid Ali scheduled to be back?

Could Pakistan actually have 2 competent opening batsmen playing together for the first time since???
Abid won't score much outside SC. Also he is in his early 30's already. Pakistan should bring back Shan Masood to partner Shafique when they tour overseas in next cycle.

Xuhaib

International Coach

Looks like a well rounded bloke Abdullah unlike Babz who seems to have a personality of a cardboard without bat in hand.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Abid won't score much outside SC. Also he is in his early 30's already. Pakistan should bring back Shan Masood to partner Shafique when they tour overseas in next cycle.
Is this actually a serious take? Because if so it sounds kind of dire. He's less than 2 years older than Masood.

Plus Abid Ali is averaging significantly more than Masood, the latter of which has had enough games (47 innings total), and failed to prove himself. This includes filtering out Bangladesh/Zimbabwe, after which Abid Ali is at 33.8, vs 27.8 for Shan Masood. As Abid Ali has only had 20 inninngs outside BD/Zimb to prove himself, I think it's worth it to give him a continued run. He's certainly our most competent looking opener, outside of Abdullah Shafiq, and 34/35 isn't old for a batsman, iirc Misbah ul-Haq's international career was just getting started at that point XD .

Do rate Shan Masood as an ODI batsman though, just not really been following the Pakistan setup in that format much though, so don't know what the competition looks like there.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
We have finally dropped Azhar who is replaced by Fawad. Uncle Nauman comes in for injured Afridi.

Do wonder who will bat at 3.
&
Who will pick wickets upfront like Shaheen.

Shaheen's absence would be confidence booster for Lankan openers.

They will score hundreds each @5rpo :fear:. SL fans might be enjoying victory on 4th afternoon.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Uncle Nauman is a spitting image of my sister father in law probably they are the same age too

Migara

International Coach
We have finally dropped Azhar who is replaced by Fawad. Uncle Nauman comes in for injured Afridi.

Do wonder who will bat at 3.
&
Who will pick wickets upfront like Shaheen.

Shaheen's absence would be confidence booster for Lankan openers.

They will score hundreds each @5rpo :fear:. SL fans might be enjoying victory on 4th afternoon.
Do you realize Mathews is of similar age?

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Chandimal must be itching to get to that ton. He must have a solid record vs Pak. Match winning contributions from him in that series victory in UAE 2018 from what I remember.

smash84

The Tiger King
Shaheen not playing. Oh man. The rest of the attack looks toothless.

Pleasantly surprised to see Naseem Shah not leaking bucketloads of runs. Although I expect him to revert to his usual crap self in 3, 2, 1......

Shady Slim

International Coach
Shaheen not playing. Oh man. The rest of the attack looks toothless.

Pleasantly surprised to see Naseem Shah not leaking bucketloads of runs. Although I expect him to revert to his usual crap self in 3, 2, 1......
the gambhir is on hey