• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Gob

International Coach
Is there a worse umpire in cricket than Dharmaseena?
Joel Wilson is the worst imo (Still can't believe how you could not give the Stokes lbw)

Dharmablahblah is equally incompetent and also stupid. I mean if you know that one team is out of reviews and other isn't, I'd probably give a close call in favour of the team without reviews just to save my own ass. Especially its a caught behind like the Chandimal one where there is no umpires call involved either it's out or not.

No sympathy on Australia ftr. They are horrible with reviews but that is no excuse for **** decisions

Gob

International Coach
Yes, especially if SL manage to add another 100 or so tomorrow morning.
Stating the obvious but I believe Usman, Marnus and Smith would have to do bulk of the work. Smith usually follows up a good first innings with a good second one.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Stating the obvious but I believe Usman, Marnus and Smith would have to do bulk of the work. Smith usually follows up a good first innings with a good second one.
Ehh, green averaged 50+ in pakistan on flatter subcontinent decks like this, think he can be trusted to do some work. Don't have any faith in warner or head though.

Gob

International Coach
Ehh, green averaged 50+ in pakistan on flatter subcontinent decks like this, think he can be trusted to do some work. Don't have any faith in warner or head though.
What I'm saying is I'd like the big 3 to put a solid base for Carey and Green to flourish

Also I don't like the way he (Green) sweeps. I know he made runs in the first test with that but it looks very risky. He plants his front foot way towards the off side and sweeps balls pitched on stumps. What he should do instead is try to get his front foot down close to the pitch of the ball. His long reach would mean the ball is hitting outside the line more often. The way he sweeps now, if he misses he is dead. Especially against some one like Jadeja

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What I'm saying is I'd like the big 3 to put a solid base for Carey and Green to flourish

Also I don't like the way he (Green) sweeps. I know he made runs in the first test with that but it looks very risky. He plants his front foot way towards the off side and sweeps balls pitched on stumps. What he should do instead is try to get his front foot down close to the pitch of the ball. His long reach would mean the ball is hitting outside the line more often. The way he sweeps now, if he misses he is dead. Especially against some one like Jadeja
Yeah the sweep is a shot he's only recently added to his game, didn't use it much at all unless the team was looking for quick runs until this tour.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Was very surprised to see Srl Lanka only lose 4 wickets throughout the day. Shows that this team can show some serious application.
Makes you wonder what the hell happened less than a week ago in that 2nd innings, one of the worst displays you'll ever wish to see.
Perhaps it was their attempt at a 3rd innings Bazball style game, and now they know playing like that ain't for them.

Gob

International Coach
Was very surprised to see Srl Lanka only lose 4 wickets throughout the day. Shows that this team can show some serious application.
Makes you wonder what the hell happened less than a week ago in that 2nd innings, one of the worst displays you'll ever wish to see.
Perhaps it was their attempt at a 3rd innings Bazball style game, and now they know playing like that ain't for them.
Different pitch

Gob

International Coach
They always are!
This was a clear case of a different mentality, the pitch has nothing to do with a whole team deciding to play like a bunch of chumps on LSD.
The pitch played a huge part in it. It was matter of time before getting a bowl with your number in it so the mindset for both teams were get them before they get you

Not the case here

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hearing a lot of talk about Kumar's umpiring. Is he blatantly biased or still just incompetent?
They always are!
This was a clear case of a different mentality, the pitch has nothing to do with a whole team deciding to play like a bunch of chumps on LSD.
Maybe has a little bit to do with it, but it's also a completely different pitch that's a lot easier to survive on

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think, given the very delicate situation in SL atm, that the ongoing status of this test match should be reviewed after the morning session today. Rather than make a hasty decision, it seems to me by that time we will have a better idea as to the volatile political situation in the host country, and can then decide whether the delicately poised match should be abandoned and the series scoreline forever left as it stands :ph34r:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I think, given the very delicate situation in SL atm, that the ongoing status of this test match should be reviewed after the morning session today. Rather than make a hasty decision, it seems to me by that time we will have a better idea as to the volatile political situation in the host country, and can then decide whether the delicately poised match should be abandoned and the series scoreline forever left as it stands :ph34r:
for further information on this matter please read the thread 2022 Sri Lanka political crisis

Gob

International Coach
Hearing a lot of talk about Kumar's umpiring. Is he blatantly biased or still just incompetent?
I was wondering myself. Leaning towards incompetence as I doubt anyone wants to risk a job which I'd assume have a ridiculous salary plus benefits

Raufy did but he was loose

Spark

Global Moderator

His sweeping technique certainly needs some work (the way he got out in the first innings was entirely down to poor execution) but it's worth remembering that he's only just started playing the shot, having never done so before. It generally takes years for a batsman to develop that shot fully in subcontinent conditions; Hayden (the archetype for "big guy who never swept in his youth but learned how to do it to exploit his height and reach on slow pitches") spent an entire off-season doing nothing but sweeping on dustbowls as practice IIRC.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
If they get the remaining wickets quickly, don't think Australia are completely out of this. If there's ever a batsman capable and in form do the hard yards to help set a difficult 5th day target, it's Smith.