• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree 100% .. you need to be wise with your reviews because umpires will make mistakes on occasion. But when you have a single umpire making mistake after mistake in test after test, you have to question why he has the job.
He’s very good at counting the number of balls left in the over and making sure the stumps are exactly aligned. Very good at helping batsmen take the perfect guard too. Cnerd has assured me this is the important stuff.

Burgey

I think, given the very delicate situation in SL atm, that the ongoing status of this test match should be reviewed after the morning session today. Rather than make a hasty decision, it seems to me by that time we will have a better idea as to the volatile political situation in the host country, and can then decide whether the delicately poised match should be abandoned and the series scoreline forever left as it stands :ph34r:
Yes, definitely needs to be cancelled. The situation is becoming increasingly precarious :ph34r:

Burgey

Kumar Dharmasena for MOTM I reckon.
Nah **** that. Aus pissed this away when they lost 5/50 odd or whatever on day 2. I don't think Dharmasena is a good umpire either, and I never buy the "duh, use yer reviews betr" bull****, but this is on the Aus batting first dig. They should have made 450 or more. They do that and it's a different game.

Aritro

International Regular
Lyon is masterly at keeping his bowling average at 32. If it blows out to 33, he'll take 6 wickets in a match and get it back in the sweet spot. If he has two good matches in a row and gets it down to 31, he'll promptly go at 80 for a match or two. Even in that 18 month patch when he was awesome and took a stack of wickets, he still went at 32.

It remains to be seen how many career wickets he finishes on. But he'll get them at 32.

Burgey

Just got in a spot of bother for chiming in on a Mrs Burgey work call because some numpty said he and the others were just talking about cricket while waiting for her to join and he reckons medium pace bowlers are better and harder to face than genuinely fast bowlers.

Regional sales managers apparently don't like being told they have their head up their own arse.

Burgey

Lyon is masterly at keeping his bowling average at 32. If it blows out to 33, he'll take 6 wickets in a match and get it back in the sweet spot. If he has two good matches in a row and gets it down to 31, he'll promptly go at 80 for a match or two. Even in that 18 month patch when he was awesome and took a stack of wickets, he still went at 32.

It remains to be seen how many career wickets he finishes on. But he'll get them at 32.
This is absolutely spot on. It's ****ing uncanny how he does it. Grabs a cheap bagful of wickets, immediately reverts to mean.

Burgey

Lol Starc only had to get it on line and sprayed it a mile down leg.

He's been very good this dig, though.