• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Aritro

International Regular
Oh yeah, the commentators have just reminded me that Matthews looked very uncomfortable against the short ball when Ebadot sent down a couple of fiery spells during the last series. They'll pepper him surely. If Ebadot can make him look uncomfortable I'm sure the Aussie quicks can manage to.

Aritro

International Regular
I heard Tony Greig referring to Dean Jones's "intent" when they showed a Aus v Lanka match from 1988 during a lunch break. It's not as newfangled as I thought.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Oh yeah, the commentators have just reminded me that Matthews looked very uncomfortable against the short ball when Ebadot sent down a couple of fiery spells during the last series. They'll pepper him surely. If Ebadot can make him look uncomfortable I'm sure the Aussie quicks can manage to.
I think he’s normally quite good against the short ball - I haven’t watched him in a while though (3 or 4 years) so perhaps he’s regressed since.

Aritro

International Regular
I think he’s normally quite good against the short ball - I haven’t watched him in a while though (3 or 4 years) so perhaps he’s regressed since.
Yeah, used to be good at it but his reflexes have deserted him seemed to be the vibe

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, used to be good at it but his reflexes have deserted him seemed to be the vibe
Yeah it was his biggest strength as a young player. He was surprisingly ****e against spin for a Sri Lankan FC cricket god but was completely untroubled by pace immediately. Opposite seems to be true now as he approaches his bicentenary.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Anything under 410 from SriLankan here and I reckon Australia are ahead by a tiny bit. Hopefully Sri Lanka don't fold like a house of cards and we get an epic Game, well positioned right now.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Chandimal is so much more fun to watch today than I remember. The gritty accumulator type he was becoming was a bit dull.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmmmm, is that really the right kind of spike in snicko?
The timing of it was too perfect to over-rule the on-field call IMO, especially since there was absolutely no noise beforehand. The fact that it was a bottom edge scratch as opposed to what we'd usually see probably made it look a bit different - "rolled" along the bat for a bit.