• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
The timing of it was too perfect to over-rule the on-field call IMO, especially since there was absolutely no noise beforehand. The fact that it was a bottom edge scratch as opposed to what we'd usually see probably made it look a bit different - "rolled" along the bat for a bit.
More frustrating that Lyon's decision yesterday had a larger spike and wasn't reversed.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Mathews will always be a very frustrating player for me. I never get the sense that he made the best use of his talents because he ALWAYS seems to be carrying some sort of injury. This is not even a new issue,it has been the case from a year or two into his international career. Just never kept himself fit enough,or his legs are made of glass. In theory having a top six batsman who bowled pace would have set SL up for years to run with their spinner friendly surfaces,but it never panned out that way. Still a great career though.

Aritro

International Regular
Kamindu Mendis has 2074 first class runs at 61. Are outlier batting averages like that fairly normal in Sri Lankan first class cricket? On the face of it, that seems pretty good

Spark

Global Moderator
The 'oh they used up their reviews so it's not the umpire's fault' school of thought is one of my pet cricket peeves.
Yeah I only added that caveat in to pre-empt the inevitable "lmao should have used their reviews better" posts that always follow me pointing out that the umpires should, you know, be competent.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm keeping an eye on this innings for some 'highest scores without a ton' records which I reckon is on considering Dickwella is yet to come in and he pretty much always gets 30-60.

So far: Highest for Sri Lanka against Australia

Highest by or in Sri Lanka - 437 vs England in 1993
Highest in Asia - 498 by India vs New Zealand in 1976
Highest overall - 506 by SA against Australia in 1998