• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand 2022

Bolo.

International Captain
Everyone agrees and there is the occasional post lamenting NZC's poor test scheduling, especially making this a two test series... but it's only occasional as there seems little point posting 'two test series sux' on repeat, even though they absolutely do.
Yes, we vent often about 2 test series eating balls. No, this is not useful new info. But it is something worth repeating a million times.

The NZ aspect was not about their scheduling (how much should I really be bitching about in one post), just hoping they pulled a miracle and made me taste it. But its over now anyway.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Just tuned in. No Conway century and a couple of soft dismissals after batting time to rub it in. Ironically the middle order has actually done well in this test, the top 4 being flaky through the home season has cost NZ.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cricinfo said:
W
Jansen to Jamieson, OUT
In the air for the third time in a row, and this time it's taken, by Rabada in the deep on the leg side
Kyle Jamieson c Rabada b Jansen 12 (23b 2x4 0x6) SR: 52.17

Jansen to Jamieson, FOUR runs
Swings for the hills against this short ball with a pull, and he gets a leading edge right over the keeper's head for four

Jansen to Jamieson, no run
Three men come under the catch, two collide and it's been dropped! Jamieson got the short ball, lobbed it up towards silly mid-off where silly point and Jansen come together to ram into each other, and it's put down. Short leg was close too
WTF, Kyle.

ataraxia

International Coach
Good stuff from Southee, proved that he isn't so one-paced this test match...

I type as soon as Southee lofts Maharaj over mid-on and does a random heave on consecutive balls...

edit: well, at least he's two-paced

Moss

Lol, Southee has just about reached the limits of self-restraint.

That Jaimeson dismissal (actually both his dismissals in this test) won’t have gone unnoticed by observers you feel. Needs to sort out his response to the short pitched stuff if he is to remain a decent no.8,

Meridio

International Regular
ffs if there's drizzle around surely you do whatever the hell you can to try and stay in. WTF was that

Chrish

International Debutant
Remember when Ish Sodhi and Neil Wagner batted for what felt like an age to save a test much and series victory for us?

Spineless stuff from our tail
That’s what I was referring to earlier. And there have been other instances recently as well: Ashwin & Vihari.

So, it CAN happen. And NZ have tail who could do this: CDG scored 100 for example.

Moss

CdG may be close to the end of his test career, but none of the quick bowlers are fit to take his place at no.7 in the lineup even though they may have/had the raw batting chops. All of them to varying degrees follow the Southee playbook when it comes to batting. Jamieson probably comes closest but doesn't seem to care much about improving his ability in that area (based on the manner of his dismissals - can only recall him holing out).

Of course you would argue it's not their job and as long they're taking wickets it probably doesn't matter. But thinking back to how the likes of Nash and Vettori, and later Mark Craig could make life difficult for opposition bowlers, I think NZ are missing out on a potential strength here.
Well I hope this session of anti-match saving batting means the think tank at least acknowledges this is an issue.