• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I wondered if having the runs (apparently) as nzfan mentioned is why he wasn't given more responsibility this match, with either bat (could've been at 3) or ball (more overs).

At the same time, I keep subconsciously asking myself if we're bowling Ajaz too much and are gonna wreck him, and remind myself he's a spinner and despite bowling nearly 70 overs this match is probably still gagging to bowl more before he's relegated to background-guy on the spinner's graveyards at home.
Could be.. it may be he was unwell but this problem has been around for a very long time. Probably since we started to pick Santner. 3 over spells almost became like a meme over the years.

nzfan

What do they have against Somerville they're targeting him or are they trying to declare?

Moss

Been a thrilling series up to the point of NZ’s capitulation, every session enjoyable for the most part. 62 AO unfortunately has killed things from a watchability POV since.

nzfan

Haha mate, these are batsmen. Their currency is runs. And Somerville, at present, is an unmanned cash register at closing time.
Just feels like he's the only one they want to go after. The game is as good as over. Would like to see him finish with couple of wickets. I don't think he's going to feature for black caps after this series.

Genuinely good man Sommers. Lovely bloke. Deserves some success.

Moss

Just feels like he's the only one they want to go after. The game is as good as over. Would like to see him finish with couple of wickets. I don't think he's going to feature for black caps after this series.

Reminds me of Bruce Martin’s meltdown in Bangladesh (or perhaps Bryce McGain’s one and only test, though that was much more of a hammering). Sad to see someone being cruelly exposed.

nzfan

Reminds me of Bruce Martin’s meltdown in Bangladesh (or perhaps Bryce McGain’s one and only test, though that was much more of a hammering). Sad to see someone being cruelly exposed.
He's definitely better than that. I've seen him get the batters driving. I can't quite understand how he's missed the lines consistently. Way too straight, the field isn't even for it. I can only think it must be because of lack of match practice.

Moss

He's definitely better than that. I've seen him get the batters driving. I can't quite understand how he's missed the lines consistently. Way too straight, the field isn't even for it. I can only think it must be because of lack of match practice.
Yeah we’ve seen him bowl genuinely well against Pak and SL, which probably makes it all the more disappointing.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

That's why I'm loath to criticise him too much. Genuinely great bloke, who has been exposed in this series. And he definitely shouldn't be playing this Test, and probably not the first, either. Hiding to nothing on no match fitness v predominantly RHers.

nzfan

Rachin created at least 4 half chances against Kohli, no mean feat that. Gill had looked good but then gets out. Gill is such a good bat, can watch him all day.