• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Ah Great Britain taking the Steven Bradbury approach to cycling I see

seriously what a joke. Italy rides a world record time with Nz a very close second and yet in the other semi the two teams can’t even ride properly and one of them gets a shot at gold. Just let Nz and Italy rematch :ph34r:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dane just wasn't looking, stupid prat.

Anyway, what a day for Britain.

Just said on BBC that Chris Hoy, Jason Kenny, Steve Redgrave and Mo Farah all share the same birthday. Ridiculous fact that our who's who of Olympic greats all born on March 23rd.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Dane just wasn't looking, stupid prat.

Anyway, what a day for Britain.

Just said on BBC that Chris Hoy, Jason Kenny, Steve Redgrave and Mo Farah all share the same birthday. Ridiculous fact that our who's who of Olympic greats all born on March 23rd.
Well July is the hottest month

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
GB's dominance on the track definitely falling away here. Still enough to be getting medals, but definitely no longer a dominant force across most of the events.

flibbertyjibber

Which was expected but many still thought we would rack up the golds here. Still a fantastic day for GB so far with 2 golds 3 silver and a bronze so far and hopefully a boxing gold soon to add.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Which was expected but many still thought we would rack up the golds here. Still a fantastic day for GB so far with 2 golds 3 silver and a bronze so far and hopefully a boxing gold soon to add.
Yeah I think it was always on the cards that we wouldn't do as well. As Howe posted the other day though, we've definitely diversified the sources of our medals in the past few Olympics away from mostly rowing and cycling

flibbertyjibber

Yeah I think it was always on the cards that we wouldn't do as well. As Howe posted the other day though, we've definitely diversified the sources of our medals in the past few Olympics away from mostly rowing and cycling
As long as we get a medal in Athletics I would imagine we will be the nation who get medals in most different sports. Obviously helps getting one in Weightlifting that we never do.