• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
you say that, but india's lower-middle order has had a lot of opportunities to play long innings in the last few series, so unless the top order actually cleans up its act then it might well not be that long at all
I mean he may not be picked for years, once Jadeja comes back.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
you say that, but india's lower-middle order has had a lot of opportunities to play long innings in the last few series, so unless the top order actually cleans up its act then it might well not be that long at all
I have no idea where and how he gets a game once Jadeja comes back. Especially up in England. Unless they trot him out as a makeshift opener or something out of left field like that.

Jack1

International Debutant
I’m expecting England to get about 250 in reply and lost by ~7 wickets. England probably picked the right team. Dom Bess let the side down with his figures. If he bowled well it could have been a close-ish game. Weird running by Axar Patel on that run out. It’s as if he thought the man was back on the boundary. Then the last two didn’t put up a fight at all to get Washington Sundar to the hundred. Not the end of the world the not out helps the average
By the way I think India are a bowler heavy. Could have picked a batsman instead of one of the seamers

Spark

Global Moderator
I have no idea where and how he gets a game once Jadeja comes back. Especially up in England. Unless they trot him out as a makeshift opener or something out of left field like that.
Eh I think he's angling for a slightly different role in the team to Jadeja - the batting all-rounder who bats 6 or 7 and bowls some useful fill-in overs, rather than the critical strike bowler who is also a very dangerous lower order batsmen. I think there's room in the team for both in certain conditions; Axar's spot would be more directly imperiled by Jadeja for mine despite having a literal single digit averagean average just under 11.

Beyond else, a lower-middle order of Pant then Ashwin-Washington-Jadeja would be extremely annoying to encounter.