• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Yeah absolutely. Why don't you look it up, or are your search settings such that you can only retrieve data from historical matches India didn't lose, so that tissue paper thin skin of yours doesn't get bruised up?

Warner laughed about it at the presser the night it was said. At the time the score was like 4 for 9,763,428 or something, so it was an odd thing to say at the time.

TBH it's always a lame thing to say.
Believe me, I tried. Didnt find anything in Google.

I wouldn't put it past the Angry Midget to make such a comment tbh.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
You may rest assured that if India won by an innings and a thousand in Brisbane with him making a king pair, he would still be captain the next test Aus played.
I think in the extremely unlikely event of that happening, Paine will retire. He is a reasonably good bloke and knows when to gracefully step down.

Carey looks a good option, and is a potential leader material from what I heard. In the interim someone like Cummins can stand in.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I think Carey's time is coming a lot sooner than later, just Paine has a fair bit of credit in the bank from taking over when he did and under those circumstances, together with winning the biggest trophy Aus plays for.

An overlooked aspect of Paine's revival as a test player is that coming into the last home Ashes, the word is the job was Pete Nevill's to lose, and he made **** all runs in the Shield before the first test and duly lost it. He was NSW skipper at the time too, in the absence of TPC and Warner.

So as things ultimately transpired, Peter Nevill was probably one decent Shield knock at the start of that summer away from being the Australian test skipper by the end of it, and Tim Paine would have been a sales rep for Kookaburra.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Paine also happens to have the worst win % among all Aussie captains this century i think. I know its hard to really use that as something against him but losing a series at home to India will have rankled him. A win to regain BG trophy will definitely prolong his career, but a failure to do so, inability to win consecutive home test series to India, will hurt his ego like hell.