• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably apocryphal but I've read somewhere that Steve Waugh used to not only be immune to sledges from opposition, but actually relish those and build it into his motivation while batting
If the opposition was quiet and he felt his concentration was wavering a bit, TOTAB would start sledging someone on the fielding side so they'd bite back and he'd knuckle down.

Shady Slim

International Coach
did we talk about pucovski after the first dig saying the indian attack were less than shield quality? like what a flog lmao - i'm all for a bit of banter but out and out saying "you're ****", especially when they're down to their fifth and sixth string pacers and have performed really admirably all tour long, strikes me as Serious Douchebag Behaviour. get over yourself!

don't mean to get my panties in a twist policing the line but when it comes to sledging and banter and the like i feel while this isn't "too far", it sort of marks you as a flog lol

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
did we talk about pucovski after the first dig saying the indian attack were less than shield quality? like what a flog lmao - i'm all for a bit of banter but out and out saying "you're ****", especially when they're down to their fifth and sixth string pacers and have performed really admirably all tour long, strikes me as Serious Douchebag Behaviour. get over yourself!

don't mean to get my panties in a twist policing the line but when it comes to sledging and banter and the like i feel while this isn't "too far", it sort of marks you as a flog lol
Strikes me as false bravado really. Maybe his concussions had the same effect the concussions had on Gambhir.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Only tangentally relevant, but there has been times when the visiting attack has genuinely been worse than the average Shield quality attack (Ashes 06-07, the last West Indies tour here)

OverratedSanity

Haha did he say that? Pretty tame and funny tbh. Also, Saini is really really bad.

Niall

International Coach
True, very true

The England touring attack when Mitch ran riot. Broad was good, Stokes was gritty, but the rest poor.

The highlight/lowight George Bailey out of his depth at this level hammering Broad and Andeson as if they were asssociate level bowlers.

morgieb

The England touring attack when Mitch ran riot. Broad was good, Stokes was gritty, but the rest poor.
That series you still had us in some solid positions. With the exception of Adelaide none of our first-innings scores were particularly overwhelming. That Bailey over came when Australia were 500 runs ahead, and a lot of that was down to the batting.

Niall

International Coach
Hope Vihari will be fit to play the final Test. It's in just 4 days! Crazy short turn around.

Huge......,...Vihari... Pant, saha, ashwin and then the three quicks is the way to go, but if Vihari not fit then who bowls if one of the 4 frontliners break down?

Rohit?

morgieb

Only tangentally relevant, but there has been times when the visiting attack has genuinely been worse than the average Shield quality attack (Ashes 06-07, the last West Indies tour here)
Some of the attacks England put up in the last Ashes series were pretty grim. Guess Broad and Anderson saves it from being "below average by Shield standards" though.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Lol only australians could be talking about other teams poor attacks 5 minutes after theirs have just let ravi ashwin and a guy with a pulled hamstring bat for 260 balls on day 5 to draw the test!