• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
Meh. Starc's average flatters him because half his wickets are tailenders. That series in SL is the only thing of note he's done and while we're at it Umar Akmal's debut ton in NZ was pretty good too. He's a Merv Hughes tier bowler carried by 2 excellent pacers and his test bowling will be forgotten 5 years after he retires. Starc routinely stinks up when it matters and escapes with figures that flatter his average. I don't think he's a bad bowler but this sensitivity is ****ing stupid.
Like, if you're going to say things like this, you should go and check if it's actually, you know, true:

Mitch Starc - Is He Really The "Tail Cleaner" ? - Last Word on Cricket (lastwordonsports.com)

• 34.8% of his wickets are top-order wickets.
  • 33.6% of his wickets are middle-order wickets.
  • 31.6% of his wickets are tail-end wickets.
Took me ten seconds to Google.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We literally talked about the tailenders thing last test. Kimber did a whole video on it

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh. Starc's average flatters him because half his wickets are tailenders. That series in SL is the only thing of note he's done and while we're at it Umar Akmal's debut ton in NZ was pretty good too. He's a Merv Hughes tier bowler carried by 2 excellent pacers and his test bowling will be forgotten 5 years after he retires. Starc routinely stinks up when it matters and escapes with figures that flatter his average. I don't think he's a bad bowler but this sensitivity is ****ing stupid.
Considering you feel the need to pop up everytime Starc isn't taking wickets, yet are completely silent when he takes wickets, I would say you are the one with the sensitivity issues here

Besides, you don't even know what are talking about with regards to cricket in your own country. Asked you if Hasan Ali was going well domestically (knowing full well he was), and you told me he was out injured.

Have a spell already

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
One of the challenges of batting last is that you are at have usually had to field for 2 innings before coming out to bat, that places physical and mental fatigue. Pant having got to sit round and rest and be under none of the mental challenges of keeping is a huge advantage. This is almost like having a designated batter (for the pitcher) in baseball.

So India got a better keeper for Aus 2nd innings and a batter rested from not having the keep or field. Look at the improved batting stats for Sanga or ABdV when not keeping, huge boost.
Yeah it's garbage eitherway

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fascinating discussion this. Mate of mine (toxic, wannabe alpha) uses Starc as sort of a by-word for male ugliness basically because acne scars, whereas I’ve always thought he was pretty obviously boyishly handsome
Clearly a person who sees beauty as only skin deep, instead of the far more correct interpretation of beauty being bone deep.