• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Window

U19 Debutant
Aus 2 years ago was pretty trash. No Smith or Warner
Warner hasn't exactly been a big contributor thus far but yeah Smith has made a massive difference, well particularly in this game. His 138 will be around the number India will fall short by.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Urgh I don't love the idea of bowling Starc right now. Honestly I'd go Green instead, he'd at least hold up an end.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
The laws preventing the teams from working on the ball (due to COVID) might really screw Aus here.

Starc is usually a terror with some reverse swing.

trundler

Meh. Starc's average flatters him because half his wickets are tailenders. That series in SL is the only thing of note he's done and while we're at it Umar Akmal's debut ton in NZ was pretty good too. He's a Merv Hughes tier bowler carried by 2 excellent pacers and his test bowling will be forgotten 5 years after he retires. Starc routinely stinks up when it matters and escapes with figures that flatter his average. I don't think he's a bad bowler but this sensitivity is ****ing stupid.

Spark

Global Moderator
Meh. Starc's average flatters him because half his wickets are tailenders. That series in SL is the only thing of note he's done and while we're at it Umar Akmal's debut ton in NZ was pretty good too. He's a Merv Hughes tier bowler carried by 2 excellent pacers and his test bowling will be forgotten 5 years after he retires. Starc routinely stinks up when it matters and escapes with figures that flatter his average. I don't think he's a bad bowler but this sensitivity is ****ing stupid.
Yeah there's nothing more to say than this is just wildly, wildly off the mark and deeply mean-spirited.

morgieb

How many Tests in recent times go all the way with all 3 results possible? I can think of that Test where Dale Steyn hit Mohammed Shami for six off the last ball after blocking out three overs and that Adelaide Test where Kohli and Vijay put on a massive partnership.