• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Kirkut

International Regular
Either the weather saves us or our batsmen put up a glorious display of blockathon to draw this test.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, the first innings frailities strike again. It is just very difficult to compete against one of the best attacks at home going around, perhaps of all time and you also gift wickets with 3 run outs and a played on.

The 350 par normally but 300 par against this line up shows up. And those drops making the difference. We take those catches, Australia dont make more than 275 and game has not run away. But we did, and it has. Jaddu's injury a real worry but hopefully if it is not a fracture or a dislocation, we will stil have a shot in this series.

Very proud of the way the team fights and how the players keep stepping up all series though. Could be that tomorrow is a painful day for us with these two batting well but we have seen repeatedly that this team does fight back when they are down. Hopefully we give them a run for their money even with all these injuries and maybe even nick another win somehow.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gee it’s quiet in here this evening compared with yesterday and every other day after the Melbourne test

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
This is a peculiar reasoning on your and his part for umpires not enforcing the law. How, for example, can an umpire not enforcing it at Cape Town in a test vs SL be put down to the big, bad, naughty Australian team?
My point was 1. that an umpire can ignore such boorish attitudes and actually do his bloody job and 2. citing someone who brought opprobium to the Australian side from overseas as having a credible attitude as to how the law should be approached is stupid and lacks awareness. The "if you can't stand it, get out" justification has also been used for our bad behaviour. The culture which produced such style justifications for everything was IMO normalised here first (the 80s W.I. were not liked for their actions, or intimidatory bowling would not have been the controversy in the late 80s that it was) but is now also widely accepted everywhere else (much like pad play spread from England in the late 50s): all the columns years ago about how the Indians were no longer going to be 'nice' [were they, really?] but give it as good as they got were with always with respect to Australia. You are looking into things a bit too literally by your comment above. Also, we got stuck with that opprobrium after everyone else caught on to the justifications. I am not saying no-one behaved badly or bowled loads of bouncers at tail-enders before we did, but that that attitude became "the proper way to play" here first.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Just watched the highlights
- lmao that India are allowed to replaced their **** keeper with a much better keeper who wasn't even named in the XI. Very Jadeja hamstring-concussion-ey.
- Marnus caught behind off Pant looks like it should have been out. Thought I saw a pretty obvious hot spot on the glove.
- OS will not be happy at all with India's running. Taking risky runs in Test matches is just not on.

Burgey

My point was 1. that an umpire can ignore such boorish attitudes and actually do his bloody job and 2. citing someone who brought opprobium to the Australian side from overseas as having a credible attitude as to how the law should be approached is stupid and lacks awareness. The "if you can't stand it, get out" justification has also been used for our bad behaviour. The culture which produced such style justifications for everything was IMO normalised here first (the 80s W.I. were not liked for their actions, or intimidatory bowling would not have been the controversy in the late 80s that it was) but is now also widely accepted everywhere else (much like pad play spread from England in the late 50s): all the columns years ago about how the Indians were no longer going to be 'nice' [were they, really?] but give it as good as they got were with always with respect to Australia. You are looking into things a bit too literally by your comment above. Also, we got stuck with that opprobrium after everyone else caught on to the justifications. I am not saying no-one behaved badly or bowled loads of bouncers at tail-enders before we did, but that that attitude became "the proper way to play" here first.
Ok

Victor Ian

International Coach
That was an enjoyably different turn of events than I was expecting today.
India's injury list is becoming hilarious, someone has pissed off a witch doctor too many, somewhere.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just watched the highlights
- lmao that India are allowed to replaced their **** keeper with a much better keeper who wasn't even named in the XI. Very Jadeja hamstring-concussion-ey.
- Marnus caught behind off Pant looks like it should have been out. Thought I saw a pretty obvious hot spot on the glove.
- OS will not be happy at all with India's running. Taking risky runs in Test matches is just not on.
you weren't aware of the rule change?