• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

sunilz

International Regular
Some people are over -reacting a bit.
This is a flat pitch. Even Steyn/Philander/Morkel would struggle to stop AUS below 400 on this pitch.
This time batsmen would have to step up.

Kraken

State Captain
This is a flat pitch. Even Steyn/Philander/Morkel would struggle to stop AUS below 400 on this pitch.
it's flat, but its not that flat, brother. bit of grip and turn on day one, saini and 2nd spell Siraj just didn't bowl very well and let Aus score some easy runs

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been thinking about the Pant drop/claim catch. On the basis of the catch itself alone you could forgive him for not knowing exactly if the ball hit the ground or not. However for me the real incriminating thing was his reaction pretty clearly showed that, at best, he had no idea if he caught it or not, but still completely claimed it in the end. As a player in that situation you'd usually say that you don't know. Not great from him.

It's not quite 2/160 flat. That's above par.

Reactions: vcs

trundler

Smith didn't get bogged down today. Always has a few scares with leg slip early on but he looked in control.

Also, LOL Pant.

Burgey

Smith didn't get bogged down today. Always has a few scares with leg slip early on but he looked in control.

Also, LOL Pant.
If you’re stonking on drives when you’re in single figures, it’s usually a sign you’re back in some form

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Been thinking about the Pant drop/claim catch. On the basis of the catch itself alone you could forgive him for not knowing exactly if the ball hit the ground or not. However for me the real incriminating thing was his reaction pretty clearly showed that, at best, he had no idea if he caught it or not, but still completely claimed it in the end. As a player in that situation you'd usually say that you don't know. Not great from him.
Tbh I think players should claim grassed catches in Test cricket, in the same way I think players shouldn't walk in Test cricket.

Spark

Global Moderator
If you’re stonking on drives when you’re in single figures, it’s usually a sign you’re back in some form
When I kept saying that he could literally hit one boundary and suddenly be back in nick again, I actually had an on drive exactly in mind.

I remember when Ponting was in his pomp, if he hit an on drive before getting to 20 you could basically declare "yep, he'll get a hundred today"