• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

sunilz

International Regular
I dont think it is 2.5 days quarantine though. They are not allowed to move out of their rooms even on game days except to the ground and back etc and I dont think those were the terms Indians agreed to when signing up.
They can certainly move freely inside the hotel ?
Can you please post the source of your news ?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hey are not allowed to move out of their rooms even on game days except to the ground and back etc
Yes, they are. The teams have a five star hotel booked exclusively for them and can use its facilities. I know it's unpleasant for the teams to have to go through this, but fortunately we are in the process of setting up a War Crimes Commission here and hopefully these atrocities can be referred to it in due course.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
You're saying the BCCI are well within their rights to dispute and not abide by the "new" Queensland covid regulations, which on a holistic level I guess they are, even though this is a Global Pandemic and what is happening is purely dictated by new cases arising. So yours, and their feeling is to just play 2 games here in Sydney? Which I can understand, but by the same token, CA is under no obligation to accept those new changes and will want the tour to progress as originally scheduled. Who wins in this impasse? I mean, cricket is the one who loses really. And I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn out that way, with 2 games here in Sydney and no going to Brisbane at all, due to pressures from the BCCI, and that would be extremely disappointing to see the CA fall over like that. It'll never happen, but I feel like there should be an option where if India refuse to travel to Brisbane, it constitutes as a forfeit win to Aus. As I said, it won't happen, but I can't help but feel uneasy about the timings of their issues with Queensland lockdown restrictions (which honestly have barely changed)
See, if the rules were this when the schedule was agreed upon, the forfeit point would be valid. The rules are changing and the hard quarantine rules do not even make any sense, given that the players are in a biosecure bubble. I am guessing we will see CA pay extra and make the entire hotel a biosecure area and let the players mingle there. It makes absolutely zero sense for the players to play together but not be allowed to meet each other in the hotel premises. That is stupidity of the Queensland Government, not either board or the players' fault. If the points raised by India are valid and are additional restrictions added post what was agreed, it is upto CA to work with the Government and figure a way out.

But whatever interview one of the Queensland Government guys had given ( a minister, I think) it seems he is as stupid and jingoistic as a couple of the posters here. If you are gonna say that "**** off if you dont accept to our newly imposted draconian and stupid restrictions" then BCCI are well within their rights to just say "**** off" to the Queensland Government and CA.

Burgey

That is stupidity of the Queensland Government, not either board or the players' fault.
The Qld govt is the body which has given them the exemption to have the hotel to themselves ffs. they've had nearly 120 days without a single case of community transmission. It might piss you and me off that they're so strict, but their strategy has plainly worked

sunilz

International Regular
See, if the rules were this when the schedule was agreed upon, the forfeit point would be valid. The rules are changing and the hard quarantine rules do not even make any sense, given that the players are in a biosecure bubble. I am guessing we will see CA pay extra and make the entire hotel a biosecure area and let the players mingle there. It makes absolutely zero sense for the players to play together but not be allowed to meet each other in the hotel premises. That is stupidity of the Queensland Government, not either board or the players' fault. If the points raised by India are valid and are additional restrictions added post what was agreed, it is upto CA to work with the Government and figure a way out.

But whatever interview one of the Queensland Government guys had given ( a minister, I think) it seems he is as stupid and jingoistic as a couple of the posters here. If you are gonna say that "**** off if you dont accept to our newly imposted draconian and stupid restrictions" then BCCI are well within their rights to just say "**** off" to the Queensland Government and CA.
Queensland government is right here.
They have managed Covid extremely well.
Indian side should follow the Covid protocols. Let's not make this another nationalistic issue.
That MP is shadow minister . Don't give her statement undue importance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yes, they are. The teams have a five star hotel booked exclusively for them and can use its facilities. I know it's unpleasant for the teams to have to go through this, but fortunately we are in the process of setting up a War Crimes Commission here and hopefully these atrocities can be referred to it in due course.
Unless there is an official source for this, its hard to believe because the objections raised by Indian side seem to be around the hard quarantine in the hotel rooms. Of course, if that is taken care of, there is no reason for them to object and should play as its the best that can be done under the circumstances.

And the PEWS post was just idiotic. Once again, a simple basic fact, if India did not want to play in Brisbane, it won't have been scheduled. It was not done last time, was it? And its not like the Indian side only now discovered Brisbane pitch is bouncy. FFS, the idiocy of these posts.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'm obviously not an Indian cricket fan, but if I were I'd have no qualms coming into the thread and expressing my support for the playing group and the BCCI hatching a duplicitous plan to get the Test moved to somewhere they were less likely to lose than the Gabba. I think it's brilliant.
Tbh, on the same token, have a lot more respect for 'muh gabba fortress' aussie fans as opposed to 'the players should be made to suffer from quanrantine restrictions exactly as much as hypothetical joe bloggs with 12 sons who lost his job and wife due to COVID and the fact that they want to avoid this is truly the only reason I want them to play at the Gabba or forfeit the test'.

Burgey

Except they wont.
Yeah, they really will. You've just read multiple cases saying as much, including one quoting CA on that very point, but you're still not getting it, or more likely just choosing to ignore it.

So they do have access to the amenities at the hotel, unless they choose to stay in their rooms. In which case, well, what's the ****ing drama?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And the PEWS post was just idiotic. Once again, a simple basic fact, if India did not want to play in Brisbane, it won't have been scheduled. It was not done last time, was it? And its not like the Indian side only now discovered Brisbane pitch is bouncy. FFS, the idiocy of these posts.

1. The bulk of these complaints seems to be coming from the playing group and the touring management rather than the BCCI directly. They'd have different goals and incentives. The board primarily wants to make money; Rahane and Shastri primarily want to win the series.

2. Even ignoring that, the BBCI doesn't always just get everything its way with these tour negotiations. Brisbane may have been a bit of a sticking point originally that they ceded on but now see an opportunity to renegotiate.

As I said, I don't mean this in a critical way at all. I think it's brilliant.