• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

Kirkut

International Regular
Burns looks like he needs to take some time off cricket just to reset all these bad chakras he has. I mean if he's not pulling that ball....
Burns' has chakra malfunction but Kohli and co. have got their chakras all misplaced, root chakra right at top and crown chakra going straight down.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sharma will still be in quarantine for the next test.

Gill for Shaw, Rahul for Kohli and probably Jadeja for Shami. having said that, if you’re playing two spinners in Aus without a seam bowling all rounder you’re losing every match by three figures or near enough to an innings.

If Shami is fit, would seriously consider Jadeja for Kohli and shift the rest up one. Gives you five bowlers and Melbourne is flat. What you do with your keeper won’t matter tbh.
Yeah I was dead against playing both spinners at any of the venues tbh, but Jadeja for Kohli could make sense if Shami is out.

On the other hand, getting rolled for 36 and stacking the bowling seems like an odd move.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
e: this is a bit too gruesome for the forum --spark

This match in a nutshell.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOJOXI

International Captain
A 40-minute break at this stage just feels like a way to mentally torture India - wouldn't want to be in that dressing room!

Shri

Mr. Glass
After seeing Nick Knight's analysis of Cummins' release angle, wonder if someone who is strong off the pads would do way better against him. Not that it is the only trick that he has.

Laxman, a guy who flicks balls from wy outside off stump for fours on the leg side, maybe would have done well against Cummins.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still don’t see Swepson doing anything in test cricket tbh. Bowls too flat and doesn’t turn them enough/ at all.

JOJOXI

International Captain
Wut how do you even calculate that. They put out some real rubbish at times
Just thought it was interesting but my presumption would be looking at balls that have pitched in the same area at same ground before and swung/seamed roughly the same amount at roughly the same pace and see the average rpo of each ball and wicket probability of each ball. Although I guess even then there is subjectivity - how similar is a ball that pitched 1mm fuller and does that get the same weighting as a ball that pitched in exactly the same place etc. I guess its impossible to fully simulate the match situation in such a database either - Kohli's dismissal very possibly gets left alone or the shot is executed better if Kohli is thinking here is a ball to attack rather then potentially looking to up the tempo due to chaos at other end.

Regardless of the wickets, I do wonder where the 60 runs would have come from
An interesting question, I guess some may have been edges and they did get 36 runs so we are only saying 24 runs more I guess which is 6 balls being nicked through the cordon rather then being missed or going to hand, very much what I think rather than knowing for sure this is the justification.