• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The most honest thing I've read on CI all day:

"Honestly Matt I think your tweakers would do a better job than the England attack here... - A former teammate" Ha! They aren't that desperate, Grunners

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it normal that someone hitting a great shot for 4 makes me more nervous?
The worst is when your team looks set for a great win and then loses in the most heartbreaking possible way in a 4th innings chase (India must have had 3 or 4 of those in the last year alone).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been out in the Madeiran sun all day, I see Ireland are 127-2. Have there been delays or are they just batting really slowly as that’s not many runs for two full sessions :ph34r:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I hate to make this comparision, but, Andy Balbirne is the Rahmat Shah of the Irish team.
I like Rahmat Shah, but Balbirnie has given way more clutch performances in the last year or two. Also, Balbirnie has more variance i.e. he fails more often than not, but when he gets a start he goes big more often than not. This is not something I'll necessarily say about Rahmat Shah.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Who comes into this england batting line up? Stokes and Buttler I presume, but is there anyone else who’s a lock I haven’t factored in? Because it looks really bad for them tbh
I'm trying to think who's playing for the Lions against Australia. If Sibley makes runs in that game, he must have a chance. But there really isn't anyone else I can think of.
Malan (yeah, yeah, I know...) did score a televised T20 ton yesterday against Surrey.

Different format and Surrey's attack is hardly comparable to Oz's, but as county attacks go it wasn't the worst (Plunkett, Curran (T), Tahir, Batty, Rikki Clarke and, the exception to prove the rule, Dernbach) and, as we know, runs on telly count double for selection purposes.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have left work an hour and half early in order to supervise this rabble - expecting to see Ireland all out by the close