• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Tour of South Africa 2018/19

SeamUp

International Coach
Looks like Durban will actually get some cricket.

Another pitch similar to PE just with a bit more bounce probably.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wish they would play Tahir and Shamsi in the same team a bit more for testing. Not sure how I feel about Olivier bowling short on these slower surfaces. Maybe this pitch will be fast enough for him.

SeamUp

International Coach
I wish they would play Tahir and Shamsi in the same team a bit more for testing. Not sure how I feel about Olivier bowling short on these slower surfaces. Maybe this pitch will be fast enough for him.
I've never considered him a one-day bowler. Struggled for quite a few years for the Knights.

His spell at Derbyshire may have helped as we saw in MSL but I would be very surprised if he went to England.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Are pakistan really this weak the moment there is any bounce in a pitch? Surely they should have adapted by now.

StephenZA

This is fun and exciting....

Are pakistan really this weak the moment there is any bounce in a pitch? Surely they should have adapted by now.
Not that much bounce.... poor shot selection though. Shamsi has also bowled pretty well.

SeamUp

International Coach
There is typical good Durban bounce and the minute there is any of that Pakistan fold even if no great pace in pitch.

Borges

International Regular
There is a fair amount of assistance for the spinners. May be Pakistan should have gone in with two wrist spinners.

SeamUp

International Coach
There is a fair amount of assistance for the spinners. May be Pakistan should have gone in with two wrist spinners.
If I were them, I definitely would have. Durban turned into our most helpful spinning venue in main test grounds.

StephenZA

Truly horrible cricket by SA this..... not a good look in a WC year, with much greater pressure situations coming.

StephenZA

Phehlukwayo surely a lock in to start for South Africa in the World Cup?
Definite for the squad.... I'm not convinced picking him as a pure bowler in the line-up because we have better, and that is how he is being treated. I think he needs to be given an opportunity to bat higher just for the experience.

Dendarii

International Debutant
It does feel like Phehlukwayo is good at keeping the pressure on, but if the opposition get off to a good start then he can go for a bit - compare today's match against the last match.