• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't describe the filth starc is bowling as 'top of off'
Which is why the strategy doesn’t work on this context to blokes who like to get forward.

It’s always the default option, it if there’s nothing in it you have t try something different

Neil Pickup

Worth a random over from Travis Head rather than serving up another six balls of whatever that’s meant to be from Labuschagne?

Burgey

They should bat til they’re bowled out tbh. But if they declare soonish it makes a game of it

OverratedSanity

Starc gets away with so many of these deliveries not affecting his figures because it's just wide enough for it to be harmless but not wide enough for it to be called wide. If he was wided more often, his averages would be brutal.

Burgey

Starc gets away with so many of these deliveries not affecting his figures because it's just wide enough for it to be harmless but not wide enough for it to be called wide. If he was wided more often, his averages would be brutal.
He’s been terrible for Paine’s byes stats too

Neil Pickup

excellent partnership this

India might actually declare on 500. Hope they don't.
Nah, declaration will come mid-evening session or out of necessity to protect Shami and Bumrah. I expect they’ll want to get at some exhausted opening batsmen before stumps.

OverratedSanity

Eh, I disagree with the never declare approach here - there's still a test to be won.
Still makes more sense to get east runs in the first innings rather than declaring and potentially having to score in the second innings when the pitch is tougher and the bowlers aren't as exhausted and frustrated.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still makes more sense to get east runs in the first innings rather than declaring and potentially having to score in the second innings when the pitch is tougher and the bowlers aren't as exhausted and frustrated.
Yeah this. Their second innings last test was so pointless

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Eh, I disagree with the never declare approach here - there's still a test to be won.
There's a series still up for grabs. That takes precedence.

This is probably why India haven't sealed the deal before now. A lack of ruthlessness.

vcs

Hope Pant gets a hundred here - will be great for his confidence to have Test tons to his name in England and now Australia.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Pant has grown in stature as batsman keeper and a player in this series .. hes enjoying his batting now.. looks like India has got a keeper in him for a long time.

Burgey

He’s batted really well this knock. And at various times this series. He’s been plenty good.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If India in 2-1, or 3-1, no one will remember a decade from now. Literally no one. If they lose and draw the series 2-2, they will have wasted an opportunity that is literally once in a lifetime. It's an easy decision. Bat as long as you can.

Burgey

Comms said before that Pant would be the first Indian keeper to make a ton in Australia, but I thought Dhoni did on one of his visits here