• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
they were never going to go at 4.5rpo, come on

name them
They were going at 4.5 rpo at the start of the innings when the ball was swinging a bit and they didn't even look like getting Agarwal or Pujara out.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's still a better idea to bowl in a place bringing three different modes of dismissal into play than hoping than pujara will mess up his back foot defence for once
Ffs. Not when he keeps banging you down the ****ing ground on days one and two it isn’t.

Gnske

So the contention is things in regard to our bowling results could have gone from bad to worse if we targeted the stumps.

At least this series might have been 3-0 nil India in that case by now.

mr_mister

Oh, and Clarke has almost definitely been booed too. Could sworn he was once quite unpopular with crowds

Spark

Global Moderator
So the contention is things in regard to our bowling results could have gone from bad to worse if we targeted the stumps.

At least this series might have been 3-0 nil India in that case by now.
it also doesn't explain the whole day of "gee, i'm not sure pujara knows how to defend off the back foot here"

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Australia have put out weaker teams than this and still managed to win at home against subcontinental sides.
The real tragedy lies in the fact they had better players on the domestic scene now. Replace Finch, Handscomb/MMarsh and Head with Burns, Maxwell and Wade from the beginning and it would have been a more entertaining series. India may still have prevailed but the last two matches would have been a lot closer

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah I'd still back a 50 year old Bob Simpson over any of this lot.
...That was barely a third XI.

If you think that was a superior side to this - there is no point in having a conversation. The top four in that side have three career centuries between them. They played a total of 1, 18, 5, and 12 Tests total in their careers....

OverratedSanity

i know, my point is that the crowds aren't booing kohli because he behaves particularly badly. he gets booed because he's a visiting captain who actively seeks confrontation. with the emphasis on "visiting captain".
Kohli hasnt even done anything particularly bad this series.

His behaviour was far worse and more embarassing in the home series in 2017. Would've liked to see the Australian crowd react to that version of Kohli.

Burgey

they were never going to go at 4.5rpo, come on

name them
Australia has put out a load of weaker teams than this. The fact every bowler on theis side would walk into either a wsc era or mid 80s XI is testament to that. This team’s top six is weaker than the mid 80s because the latter had Border, but the keeper and bowlers of this side are a load better. The only reason the series has been competitive is the Australian bowlers have kept a lid on the scoring rate of the Indian batsmen. It’s not their fault that their own batsmen are horrendous.

Spark

Global Moderator
Kohli hasnt even done anything particularly bad this series.

His behaviour was far worse and more embarassing in the home series in 2017. Would've liked to see the Australian crowd react to that version of Kohli.
yeah indeed. there he was basically inciting the crowd to try and swing back the momentum back towards the side. it worked, but it was one of the more breathtakingly cynical maneuvers i've seen.

here he's been absolutely fine. no time for wowsers tut-tutting him celebrating too hard.

Well I think many consider Clarke to be a douche
i repeat the point