• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Australia is a nation of alphas. Kohli is alpha. What happens when 2 alpha dogs are in the same pack? They fight.

But they still respect each other. That's why while Australian crowds mess around with him, pretend to "hate" him, he messes around with them back. It's not to be taken seriously.
Wish there were alphas on field where it mattered.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
There have been 113 Test series in Australia:

1. England have won a bunch
  2. West Indies have won four times
  3. South Africa have won three times
  4. New Zealand have won once
  5. The subcontinent teams have won zero times.

If India do this, it's a Big Deal.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Need Dan Worrall to piss all over this pitch and add some juice to the dry sandstone of a wicket.

Bring him into the squad

stephen

That stupid snicko non- dismissal is so frustrating. This partnership is slowly crushing Australia's chances of a victory.

India should not declare this innings IMO.

cnerd123

likes this
Man I hope Che scores 300, Pant blitzes after fifty to get a century too, and then Jaddu hammers a fifty followed by a sword dance

how glorious would that be

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I get that it's technically a historic achievement to win a Test series in Aus, regardless of the circumstances, but IMO, winning in England or SA would have been much bigger achievements than against a depleted Aus side.
India have won in England before. They haven't in SA, and that would be a big deal, but not as big as this. Fair enough that this is not Australia at its best, but it doesn't really matter. It's still a huge deal for a subcontinental side. If it happens, I'd cherish this more than any other series win that I've been able to see. Even more than Australia in India in 2001 (which would have been my top before this). Definitely more than world cups.

Hasn't happened yet, mind. I've been through enough Indian cricket to know that anything can happen.

stephen

Man I hope Che scores 300, Pant blitzes after fifty to get a century too, and then Jaddu hammers a fifty followed by a sword dance

how glorious would that be
It would be terrible. Can you imagine how much more insufferable ***** would be then?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Definitely not. Bat as long as possible.
I would think they might call time during the evening session if they’re on 550+ and down to the bowlers, as was the case at the MCG. No point asking Bumrah to bat for the sake of outside edge for 4 at the risk of one of the two seamers getting pinned.

TheJediBrah

There have been 113 Test series in Australia:

1. England have won a bunch
  2. West Indies have won four times
  3. South Africa have won three times
  4. New Zealand have won once
  5. The subcontinent teams have won zero times.

If India do this, it's a Big Deal.
Like I said, I understand the history, but I'm not sure how many of those past series had Australia willingly leaving out it's best players (maybe a few from WSC days? I don't know)

It's definitely an achievement, literally all I'm saying is that this cycle, in these circumstances, I'd have preferred a win in SA or Eng. It's still good though.

stephen

like it would have made much of a difference
Australia chasing a target of under 400 would absolutely have made a huge difference. 450+ and we are basically handing over the series.

Thank **** for that. Bye bye Pujara. I'm tired of seeing you bat. Won the last two series against us.

TheJediBrah

like it would have made much of a difference
still genuinely curious to find out why clicky bat handles and other noises wouldn't show up on snicko, OS where u at?

edit: bit of a disappointing end. To think there were calls for him to be dropped not long ago.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Wrong.

Many Australians don't have even that begrudging
respect for Kohli. They wish he would just go away and not compete with them/beat them.

An alpha welcomes competition. Many Australians (who you wrongly called 'Alpha') don't want to even be challenged. They just want their 'alpha' status given to them on a platter.

Look how they reacted to the Saffers

The whole myth of 'when an opposition player scores runs against Aus, they will be the first to applaud', only applies when Aus are 3-0 up.

Many can't deal with losing.
This is pretty wrong imo. Most Australians have grown up with their team always being on top. I remember being so bored of Australia dominating I wanted us to lose. Im happy for India and im sure plenty others are too. Kohli gets booed because his personality seems ****y

SA and England it's a little different I suppose. England because the ashes and SA because they've traditionally been basically as good as us

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
omg ChePu

Got out in the nervous 190s. Dropped by Uzzie, out a run later.

Amazing innings though. Disappointing finish.

C'mon Jaddu and Pant. Punish these guys for another 82 runs. Let's get to 500.