• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
I would have half considered Wade playing as a batsman in ODI's personally, can't argue with his form. Certainly not for Test cricket though

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
eh, the Aus plan would have generally been to bowl wide. Not sure I think that's a huge issue tbh, though 205 balls is a very low number. They probably could have attacked the stumps a bit more on occasion.
As to there's squad the only two wtfs are Siddle and the lack of Wade over Carey.
Forgot about Wade, he should have been one of the first picked really (as a batsman)

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No point attacking the stumps against the Indians. Better off working to plans that are likely to succeed.

cnerd123

likes this
could sense that Pant wanted to take Labuschagne on. He's bowling better this spell, although the fact that he's getting an extended spell at all is probably a sign that the Aussies are waving the white flag.

400 up!

Bowling wide and short to Indian batsmen is a proven tactic that has worked repeatedly on multiple occasions in the past few years. It's a credit to them that they haven't succumbed to those traps this tour (more or less - Rahul and Vijay were still susceptible). But Australia probably persisted with those lines and strategies a bit too much. Obviously easier to say in hindsight - while watching them no one thought they weren't attacking the stumps enough. And we must remember they've bowled a **** ton to Pujara, and he is almost flawless to full and straight deliveries. Plus, Perth aside, the pitches have encouraged bowling dry and working a batsman's patience.

Just one of those 'what if's' to think about. Maybe if they attacked the stumps a bit more they'd have been in a better position, maybe they wouldn't. The legside strangle has come off a bit in the last few Tests, and they definitely persisted with a short length far too long on Day 1 IMO.

TheJediBrah

eh, the Aus plan would have generally been to bowl wide. Not sure I think that's a huge issue tbh, though 205 balls is a very low number. They probably could have attacked the stumps a bit more on occasion.
I'll add that I think overall the Aus bowlers have been pretty effective against the Indians. The wickets have been flat (especially losing the 2 big tosses in Melb and here would have hurt) and despite what Warne says it's absolutely the batsmen's fault.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
why aim so low?
71 years man. This is the most impressive achievement in cricket. I did not think this would happen in my lifetime - especially going through in the 90s when Australia started to become so dominant and India were just horrible. I just need them to be safe.

For Pujara - that drop might make three double centuries vs Australia for Pujara. That's an impressive achievement.

OverratedSanity

For Pujara - that drop might make three double centuries vs Australia for Pujara. That's an impressive achievement.
What's the record for double centuries against a particular team? I think sehwag got 3 against SL if I'm not wrong?

Edut: apart from Bradman I suppose but that goes without saying

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm actually okay with that squad, Siddle is weird sure, but no Lynn playing like a particular word beginning with R makes me happyish

TheJediBrah

This is the most impressive achievement in cricket.
I get that it's technically a historic achievement to win a Test series in Aus, regardless of the circumstances, but IMO, winning in England or SA would have been much bigger achievements than against a depleted Aus side.