• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

sunilz

International Regular
Yes people can consider Warne better than Murali despite warne having clearly inferior stats but we can't consider Kohli better than Smith using similar logic.:D

sunilz

International Regular
Not going to check the other guys but Steve Smith has played 11 matches in Asia. Virat Kohli has played 35 matches outside Asia.

Yet another completely irrelevant statistic brought to you by sunilz
Please also add test matches of Ponting and Steve waugh to tally of Smith. I know Maths is not your favourite subject

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not going to check the other guys but Steve Smith has played 11 matches in Asia. Virat Kohli has played 35 matches outside Asia.

Good point. I agree that the fact that kohli has to play in unfamiliar conditions so much more than Smith means his average is actually much more impressive than Smith's inflated numbers.

Spark

Global Moderator

wait, 11? that can't be right.

6 vs india, 3 vs sl, 2 vs bangladesh, 2 vs pakistan? am i missing something?

Bolo

State Captain
Kohli is a better test match batsman than smith in the same way he’s a better player than Greg Chappell - principally because neither Smith nor Chappell are playing atm.
Vaguely this, but without the sarcasm. Kohli is ahead right now because Smith isn't playing. He probably would be anyway, considering what a monster he has been this year and the fact that Smith hasn't (at whatever format).

You can also make a case for Kohli having had a greater/ more complete career, just on the basis of length. Smith debuted first, but if you consider the time he hasn't played (gap between being a leggie and a bat+ this year) he's only had half a career and Kohli has had about 2/3 of one. Smith's 1/2 has probably been better than Kohli's 2/3 per game though, so you could go either way on this.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes Burgey can argue that Steve Waugh was better than Tendulkar in 90s but we can't argue that Kohli is better test bat than Smith.
Good from you.

Smith is the better test cricketer but Kohli is not that far away. Of course that could all change after Smith gets back.

Daemon

What the **** happened? This makes my posting in the cheating thread read like shakespeare.

I would like to take this moment to assure the good people of CW that nagraj and sunilz are not members of RANDI and do not represent us.

Warm Regards,
Daemon
Founder and President
RANDI

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Number of Australians pissed off with Sunilz being a mathematical illiterate duck, 26 million at last count
There's 26 million of us now? Must be all the new Indians and South Africans I work with.

Although I'm not really annoyed at Sunilz. He's a parody of an Indian cricket supporter and I find him quite amusing.

sunilz

International Regular
Number of Australians pissed off with Sunilz being a mathematical illiterate duck, 26 million at last count
Number of Series outside Asia in which Kohli has scored 500 runs=2

Number of series in Asia in which Ponting, Steve waugh or Smith scored 500 runs =0 :ph34r:

TheJediBrah

Waugh, Ponting and Smith combined in Asia : 64 matches 12 tons
Kohli away from the subcontinent : 35 matches, 12 tons.

This is actually a pretty incredible statistic. Good stuff from sunilz
Don't encourage this sort of random cherry-picking of statistics to suit a point of view

srbhkshk

International Captain
I am very pleased that this is finally starting to look like an India - Australia series thread.

Also shouldn't TJB be banned for continuing to reply to sunilz without providing his matriculation ceritifcate.

Spark

Global Moderator
Waugh, Ponting and Smith combined in Asia : 64 matches 12 tons
Kohli away from the subcontinent : 35 matches, 12 tons.

This is actually a pretty incredible statistic. Good stuff from sunilz
oh yeah but i don't see why waugh and ponting are relevant unless sunilz has decided to **** over an indian flag on the internet. smith has been consistently good in india, even in 2014 he was pretty decent.