• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Saying Kohli is a better test match bat than Smith isn't even that bad. It would be a far more sensible comment than anything else I've seen him post.
Kohli is a better test match batsman than smith in the same way he’s a better player than Greg Chappell - principally because neither Smith nor Chappell are playing atm.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Kohli's looked a level above every other player in every series he's played this year, most of them very low scoring series. AB had what is rightly considered a fantastic series against India earlier this year and he only averaged 35 to Kohli's 48. And in England he finished a full 250 runs ahead of the second highest run scorer.

I don't think he quite has the aura of ruthlessness that Smith had last year but then Smith did have a subpar tour of SA before the ban. Don't think it's a ridiculous notion to rank kohli ahead right now.

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
These ****s play for millions, for privately owned bodies (BCCI anyway) and here we are, the fans, throwing turds at each other.

Spikey

The only feasible reason for this can be they want to go R/L/R/L
the justification will be that special butterfly shaun marsh can't bat at 3 (look at his record!!!) and handscomb will only be picked to face spin so keep him away from the new ball and travis head can't be trusted to not be an idiot, so here you go Labuschagne!

never mind marsh, comb boy and finch have all batted at 3 in the shield this year (tbf, as has Labuschagne)

TheJediBrah

Kohli is a better test match batsman than smith in the same way he’s a better player than Greg Chappell - principally because neither Smith nor Chappell are playing atm.
I'm not saying it's true, I'm just saying that when it comes to sunilz posts, that's actually a really, really, really good one relatively speaking.

Spikey

this is a heightened version of when faulkner got a test match instead of picking usman, hughes or cowan because lehmann was an idiot. at least forkers stayed at 7

Burgey

Kohli's looked a level above every other player in every series he's played this year, most of them very low scoring series. AB had what is rightly considered a fantastic series against India earlier this year and he only averaged 35 to Kohli's 48. And in England he finished a full 250 runs ahead of the second highest run scorer.

I don't think he quite has the aura of ruthlessness that Smith had last year but then Smith did have a subpar tour of SA before the ban. Don't think it's a ridiculous notion to rank kohli ahead right now.
I’m not saying they need to put a bell in the ball for him mate, I’m saying the other bloke is a better player.

sunilz

International Regular
Hey Burgey here is another stats for you : Kohli has more test centuries outside Asia than Ponting, Steve waugh , and Smith have in Asia. :D

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I wanted to see Kuldeep plus another spinner at the SCG. Pandya would have covered third seamer duties as well as Umesh, the way the latter is bowling. And he would also be far likelier than nowadays Rahul to belt a few. The only slot that should be open to Rahul in the future is one above Pant. Obv the team mgmt in all its hoary wisdom thinks otherwise.

sunilz

International Regular
Yes Burgey can argue that Steve Waugh was better than Tendulkar in 90s but we can't argue that Kohli is better test bat than Smith.

Burgey

Hey Burgey here is another stats for you : Kohli has more test centuries outside Asia than Ponting, Steve waugh , and Smith have in Asia. :D
That’s fantastic for him mate. I’m thrilled. He isn’t in Smith’s league as a test player. They’ve played similar matches and one bloke averages eight or nine a dig more. This isn’t a one or two run/ take your pick exercise. It’s as plain as the nose on your face. You’re sounding like an imbecile. In fact, you are one.

It’s up there with Richard arguing Atherton was better than Hayden ffs.

TheJediBrah

Not going to check the other guys but Steve Smith has played 11 matches in Asia. Virat Kohli has played 35 matches outside Asia.

Yet another completely irrelevant statistic brought to you by sunilz