• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Bolo

State Captain
Regardless if Australia were to doctor a pitch against SA it would probably be to make it a slow turner, you'd think
The opposite I think, bearing in mind you have to work with existing pitch characteristics. Pace and bounce. Less life just means RSA quicks notably better. And bounce gives an advantage in Lyon.

See AUS mostly winning in RSA and RSA mostly winning in AUS since AUS pitches lost some juice.

A rank turner would also be ok though. Especially for depleted AUS. Just turn the match into a comedy of errors

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So I just read the following will be the batting order tomorrow

Harris
Khawaja
Labuschagne
Smarsh
Handscomb
Head
That's probably about as good as we could hope for with the current squad. Finch was robbed of a genuine shot at a long term test spot by picking him as opener.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
not really. Played pretty well but more to do with Australia's batting weakness than anything else. That was the difference between this tour and SA/Eng tours.

lol Perth was probably the one with the least effect of the toss. Melbourne was easily the one where the pitch deteriorated the most. You really are as one-eyed as they come.
He’s long been a FIFO CW dickhead tbh

Burgey

AUS don't doctor wickets. :laugh:

And Smith would outscore current form Kohli on pace friendly wickets 8-) Such a shame average in SENA countries suggest otherwise.
Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo
lol this spud is back. Can’t believe I left my sunilz dossier at work. Can’t upload it while on holiday. This **** had made about 200 or so posts when I did it, and about 65-70% of them are all upping Indian blokes against the world. It’s ****ing hilarious in its predictability. And it’s inaccuracy and stupidity.

If you think Kohli is a better test match bat than Steve Smith then you’re an A Grade ****wit of the highest order. End of.

Burgey

fast pitches would have hurt Australia badly than india. Indian batsmen nowadays are one of the worst players of spin bowling. They gifted wickets to part timers like moen ali and ordinary bowler like lyon. Old indian batsmen used to treat ATG spinners like murali and warne as part time spinners.
A fast bouncy pitch would have been good for indian team as they have bowlers who can use it to their advantage.
Odd post, given Australia’s only win was on the fastest pitch of the series

TheJediBrah

Like this designer pitch, prepared for a game where Australia had Warne + another spinner, and poor South Africa only had Symcox.
2nd Test, South Africa tour of Australia at Sydney, Jan 2-6 1994 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo
8-)

you know they prepare the pitch before the teams are picked right? and Sydney was always spin friendly in the 90s and early 00s (and probably before then)? And Australia usually played 2 spinners there throughout the 90s and early 00s?

no? well then don't let those facts get in the way of your typically uninformed and biased comments

lol this spud is back. Can’t believe I left my sunilz dossier at work. Can’t upload it while on holiday. This **** had made about 200 or so posts when I did it, and about 65-70% of them are all upping Indian blokes against the world. It’s ****ing hilarious in its predictability. And it’s inaccuracy and stupidity.

If you think Kohli is a better test match bat than Steve Smith then you’re an A Grade ****wit of the highest order. End of.
Saying Kohli is a better test match bat than Smith isn't even that bad. It would be a far more sensible comment than anything else I've seen him post.

Last edited:

Burgey

AUS won at Perth because India gifted 9 wickets to Lyon. If AUS players are such a good player of pace bowling why is their overseas batting average so low ?
Fortunately no Australian batsman has gifted his wicket to an Indian bowler this series.