• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
So big wtf with India's selections for the next test once again.

Surely after bossing the game at the MCG, and with Ishant being fully fit (haven't heard anything to suggest this is false) it should have simply been a matter of swapping Rohit with Vihari and having KL Rahul open, or putting in Ashwin/Pandya at 6??

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm happy to report that my country's (guyana) rubgy team is fully professional.

Not there to make up numbers.
Also, before the start of cricket matches, guyanese cricketers would play rugby to warmup, not Kabaddi

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Rugby Union the same game that Australians call Football?
Many sports are referred to as football. Generally speaking, rugby, both league (NRL) & union (Super Rugby), is most popular in Sydney & Brisbane, whilst Australian football (AFL) is the most popular sport in Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart & in the Northern Territory.

More often than not, Rugby union will just be called "union", as to differentiate from the other football codes.

I'm happy to report that my country's (guyana) rubgy team is fully professional.

Not there to make up numbers.
Also, before the start of cricket matches, guyanese cricketers would play rugby to warmup, not Kabaddi
Nice. What type of rugby is it? League or Union?

nagraj85

Banned
current world #2 ireland and #3 wales would be surprised to hear this
as i said, it's just the case of marketing. With proper marketing kabaddi will get it's due exposure. But still rugby is not anywhere as widespread as popular sports such as hockey, tennis, badminton ,etc. No comparison with football.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AFAIK, rugby is mostly played in 4 countries, australia, newzealand and england, SA. Those other 16 countries would have been there just to fill the numbers.
Yeah, no, the truth is the opposite of what you're saying. Rugby is not the one where teams were needed to fill up the numbers.

Ind would also have won Perth test had umpire given correct decision regarding Kohli's dismissal in 2nd test . Let's keep moving in circles.
facepalm if you're talking about the catch, in which case the right decision was made, which isn't relevant anyway. You're still trying to make everything a competition.

And if the banned trio would be playing this series I am 99% certain AUS would have produced wickets like last year Ashes and Kohli would have another 500+ runs series and series result would have been 0-0.
Again, no, Aus don't doctor pitches. If anything the pitches they've served on recent India tours have been very beneficial to India. India even got out of having to play at Brisbane this tour.

And if those 2 were playing it would make sense for Aus to prepare more bowler friendly pitches since they'd have better batsmen to make a difference. Flat pitches would help the team they have now (crap batting) more.

really terrible post all-round

Borges

International Regular
With proper marketing kabaddi will get it's due exposure. But still rugby is not anywhere as widespread as popular sports ... No comparison with football.
The kabaddi guys should just follow the example set by the rugby marketing wizards. Just as they started calling rugby football, start calling kabaddi cricket.