• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats fellow Indian fans. This is a scoreline we have never achieved before. Cross fingers for series win.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
"No-one in the top 6 has averaged more than 23 in the series"

Four of the top six have. Where did he get his stats from ffs?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Source?

Even Marsh has more substance than Marnus does.
He's replacing Mitch for the part time legspin I'm guessing. Looks like Finch will get another go. Poor guy, would've had a shot at being an average batsmen in the middle order but he'll just get discarded after this.

Credit to Australia for producing ok pitches this time round. Mitch J wouldn't have retired had he played on these.

morgieb

He's replacing Mitch for the part time legspin I'm guessing. Looks like Finch will get another go. Poor guy, would've had a shot at being an average batsmen in the middle order but he'll just get discarded after this.

Credit to Australia for producing ok pitches this time round. Mitch J wouldn't have retired had he played on these.
Yeah tbf if they're picking him as the AR I can see the logic. He can't really be worse than Mitch at this point and his leggies were actually pretty dangerous in the UAE. Still annoying though in that the rest of there's a significantly better option around who can play the same role and a few other bats in domestics who are upgrades on what we've got now (whereas Marnus will just be another guy who can get starts but won't kick on)

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Marnus? The ****?

Why not Wade (sucks, but he's been piling on too many runs to be ignored, and is heaps better than other pricks)? Or even Maxwell seems like a less worse option in comparison really?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Yeah it's poor from the Australian selectors. Picking Labaschagne is woeful. He's done nothing to suggest a recall should be in order. He's a Langer favourite though. And that's all that matters right?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think I'd rather have him than Mitch Marsh. The thing I find most annoying about it is the continuation of the urban legend that there exists a Test ground in Australia you should go out of way to get two spinners in for.

vcs

Hopefully we'll get a quick, bouncy pitch at Sydney.

Bumrah and Pujara have been the absolute stars of this series for India. We've had some luck with the toss, Australia being depleted and pitches in Adelaide and Melbourne that suited us (though India have a good enough attack to be competitive on any type of surface these days). Still a fantastic result after the near misses in SA and England.

If Australia win at Sydney, they can be reasonably satisfied with the result overall. Hope our bowlers recover well and we can keep up the intensity.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marnus? The ****?

Why not Wade (sucks, but he's been piling on too many runs to be ignored, and is heaps better than other pricks)? Or even Maxwell seems like a less worse option in comparison really?
Wade would bring both experience (which Paine said Australia are lacking), form and some decent part time bowling into the side.

Maxwell would improve the fielding, provide a decent part time spin option and would give him a deserved shot at a permanent test spot.

Burns would let Finch move to the middle order.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Wade would bring both experience (which Paine said Australia are lacking), form and some decent part time bowling into the side.

Maxwell would improve the fielding, provide a decent part time spin option and would give him a deserved shot at a permanent test spot.

Just swap Cummins and Finch in the batting order imo. :P

M0rphin3

International Debutant

Can't believe the day where we're hoping Wade to be selected as the "best possible choice". He looks like the best option rn and could replace virtually anyone in the XI really. Should easily be picked, dunno why he isn't?

It's stupid af to play a second spinner (that too a part time leggie wtf) just coz it's Sydney, but even then it's a ****ing terrible pick.

morgieb

I think I'd rather have him than Mitch Marsh. The thing I find most annoying about it is the continuation of the urban legend that there exists a Test ground in Australia you should go out of way to get two spinners in for.
The thing that sucks the most is that Maxwell is at least as good of a spinner and a much better batsman too, so if you really needed a batting all-rounder who bowled spin, why not him?

the big bambino

International Captain
Can only see a Marnus inclusion at the expense of M Marsh. People can imagine wholesale changes with Burns Maxie and Wade and I don’t disagree but since we’re limited to an actual squad the only change I’d make is swapping S Marsh and Finch in the order. There is no place in the order where Marsh looks good so he might as well accomodate Finch in a position where he has excelled in fc cricket.

Mitch Marsh bowled well in Melb. and I’m sceptical Marnus can match his workload. Mind you if that happened we’d be losing the match anyway. In a comparison I think Marnus has more runs in him than M Marsh and a good bet he’d take more wickets too on recent form. So Marnus for Mitch is preferable imo.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Can only see a Marnus inclusion at the expense of M Marsh. People can imagine wholesale changes with Burns Maxie and Wade and I don’t disagree but since we’re limited to an actual squad the only change I’d make is swapping S Marsh and Finch in the order. There is no place in the order where Marsh looks good so he might as well accomodate Finch in a position where he has excelled in fc cricket.

Mitch Marsh bowled well in Melb. and I’m sceptical Marnus can match his workload. Mind you if that happened we’d be losing the match anyway. In a comparison I think Marnus has more runs in him than M Marsh and a good bet he’d take more wickets too on recent form. So Marnus for Mitch is preferable imo.
What recent form? Marnus had a dire Shield iirc?