• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vettori - 5/59, 55*, 4/74 & 76 in a 3 wicket win vs Bangladesh 2008.
That's a win though. No fun in that because your teammates will be celebrating instead of shuffling their feet like the losers they are while you get to say things like "doesn't matter because we didn't win" or "I could have done better" in the presser.

Burgey

That's a win though. No fun in that because your teammates will be celebrating instead of shuffling their feet like the losers they are while you get to say things like "doesn't matter because we didn't win" or "I could have done better" in the presser.
Daemon gets it*

*things you thought you’d never say.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India - Making Bradmen out of tailenders. Since 1947.

FML what is even the point of cricket.
I mean it's not like you don't have 140 runs in hand and only need to take two tail end wickets on a day 5 pitch with variable bounce...

Burgey

Not good that the pacers have had to bowl so much in the last two days.
One of the few positives for Australia out of the past two days.

India’s quicks can blame their batsmen too with the second innings effort. Though I suppose they would have declared around the time they did anyway.

Burgey

I mean it's not like you don't have 140 runs in hand and only need to take two tail end wickets on a day 5 pitch with variable bounce...
Wait, do we only need 140 odd tomorrow? I thought it was about 250 more to get.

****. Get on.

trundler

Cummins deserves his own thread now. Will probably end up in the Pollock/Hadlee class as a bat.

cnerd123

likes this
This is why I'm fine with the fact that Shakib DGAF anymore

The man's done this so many times he's earned the right to **** around all he wants.

stephen

If this had have been the first innings instead of the second and we made no more runs than this it would have given us a much better chance at the draw. India's second innings would have had to be more conservative against fresher bowlers. This would have forced them to declare a session or two later. This would have given us a much better shot at a draw.

Instead we capitulated for 150.

stephen

I did call a Cummins double to ruin us the game a few pages back. Doesn't need to be quite so many actually.

Burgey

Jeez there’ll be a few bricks **** if these two are still in at lunch won’t there? I expect it to go about 45 minutes max though and Cummins to be stranded on about 88.

Daemon

Even if Haze and Lyon match their top scores in Tests, that still leaves like 50+ for Cummins to get.

stephen

It would be held up as the single greatest test match performance in cricketing history. It ain't gonna happen.

burr

State Vice-Captain
If Australia wants to know what playing hard cricket means they just need to ask Pat. Man hates giving up his wicket, hates giving up runs and the look of absolute disgust when he dropped that catch the other day was a pleasure to witness. The enormous skill obviously helps too.