• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty sure Pollcok played a lot at #8
And he last played ages ago

I can't think of anyone either. Bhuvi is a pretty solid no.8 when he plays. Ali is another one obviously but he's looser than Cummins imo. Mark Craig maybe?

cnerd123

likes this
And he last played ages ago

I can't think of anyone either. Bhuvi is a pretty solid no.8 when he plays. Ali is another one obviously but he's looser than Cummins imo.
Ashwin and Philander bat a lot at 8 and are solid. England also have the likes of Woakes and Curran.

Daemon

Ashwin and Philander bat a lot at 8 and are solid. England also have the likes of Woakes and Curran.
We talking technique though. Ashwin is loose, like a discount Ian Bell. I can't really recall how Philander or Woakes bat atm.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Shane Warnes 4th Test XI
"5 or 6 changes"

Short
Harris
Khawaja
Head
Wade
Stoinis
Paine (c)(wk)
Cummins
Zampa
Meredith
Lyon

Last edited:

Burgey

How long do you reckon Ashwon would have lasted copping that barrage Cummins did this arvo?

He’s just got a really simple, old fashioned technique off both feet. Gets side on and plays straight, handles the short stuff and uses his reach against spinners. Has a good temperament too. Has that in common with Ashwin I suppose.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shane Warnes 4th Test XI
"5 or 6 changes"

Short
Harris
Khawaja
Head
Maxwell
Stoinis
Paine (c)(wk)
Cummins
Zampa
Meredith
Lyon
Meredith the biggest wtf out of that. Zampa is probably the second best first class spinner so I can kinda understand that. Short is a bit of a wtf as well.

Burgey

Shane Warnes 4th Test XI
"5 or 6 changes"

Short
Harris
Khawaja
Head
Maxwell
Stoinis
Paine (c)(wk)
Cummins
Zampa
Meredith
Lyon
Really does hate Starc doesn’t he? Great idea to replace two bowlers when the most they’ve conceded all series is 450 and that with four dropped catches.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Meredith the biggest wtf out of that. Zampa is probably the second best first class spinner so I can kinda understand that. Short is a bit of a wtf as well.
Yeah I just sort of collated it out of the names Shane Warne was throwing up. It was actually Wade that he first mentioned, not Maxwell.