• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're half the men compared to the cream of England's crop that he bounced out once upon a time.

JBMAC

State Captain
If I was a selector for the Sydney Test, here is my side in batting order. I envisage some caustic comments.

Carey (wk)

Bancroft

Harris

Kwaja

Handscomb

Finch (C)

Cummins

Starc

Pattinsinson

Lyon

Fawed Ahmed

Well there you go....chew on that

JBMAC

State Captain
If I was a selector for the Sydney Test, here is my side in batting order. I envisage some caustic comments.

Carey (wk)

Bancroft

Harris

Kwaja

Handscomb

Finch (C)

Cummins

Starc

Pattinsinson

Lyon

Fawed Ahmed

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Carey (wk)

Bancroft

Harris

Kwaja

Handscomb

Finch (C)

Cummins

Starc

Pattinsinson

Lyon

Fawed Ahmed

Don't mind it at all. I'd just change the batting order around a bit, Carey down to 6. Bit harsh on Paine but sometimes you have to be brutal.

flibbertyjibber

I don't know enough about the Aussie game to say who you should pick but I know enough to know that neither Marsh should be anywhere near the team as they aren't good enough. The one thing that baffles me is how the Yorkie keeps being ignored when it is clear the Aussie batting is woeful and he is a kid who has shown some promise.

With my England head on I am praying both Marsh boys are in the ashes squad as it will make it much easier for us next summer.

epicity

Cricket Spectator
I saw a few people mention how the Shield and Test stats don't match up at all, but I reckon the real problem is with the psychology in the national team. We saw in the T20s, the shot selection was atrocious, unless T20 is ruining T20 batting, something's up with the batting psyche in the team.

S. Marsh, Renshaw, Handscomb are probably the top 3 right now who when playing tests are look like they need to score runs just absolutely bottle it.

Not to mention Starc and Hazlewood don't have the mental state to bowl when stuff goes against them. Cummins too in ODIs.

New batting coach is in order.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Is it to early to declare Bumrah the best Indian fast bowler ever?
I still think Kapil is the best indian fast bowler ever. 434 wickets at 29 with absolutely no support is good enough to keep him there for a good while more. Having said that, I am really getting inclined to think that Bumrah is better than any other indian pace bowler. 200 wickets at under 25 should lock him along with Kapil at the top. 300 wickets at around 25 should make him the best indian bowler ever comfortably.

Top_Cat

Dunno about that, a minor player named Kapil had a couple of good years at home and away against some pretty stiff opposition.

Loving Bumrah's work generally, though. Was good in England and has been the best bowler on either side here. Lovely to watch.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
But early.

But I think it might be the best year any Indian fast bowler has had.
The stats of top indian bowlers this year

Bumrah : 45 wickets at 21
Ishant : 45 wickets at 21
Shami : 39 wickets at 26
Ashwin : 38 wickets at 25
Jadeja : 22 wickets at 21
Umesh : 20 wickets at 21 (inflated by WI bashing)

That is 209 wickets at around 23. This is easily the best indian bowling attack ever.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Is it to early to declare Bumrah the best Indian fast bowler ever?
Yes. Way too early. He wouldn't make the all time XI:

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
Dhoni
Kapil Dev
Kumble
Zaheer Khan
Amar Singh
Bishan Singh Bedi

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From Vinay Kumar and Varun Aaron to this.

It's like seeing a photo of a meth head during the drug use and after rehab with multiple plastic surgeries and dentist visits. You almost forget that Jasprit Bumrah was once a crackpipe smoking Vinay Kumar 7 years ago.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Kapil has scripted quite a few victories for India. Bumrah has just started. Has enough ingredients to get us all excited though. Keeping fingers crossed for years to come.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe rest Haze for the SL series?. To me there are a couple of technical things which need looked at. Falling away in his delivery stride and not as tall as he could be during the gather.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Yes. Way too early. He wouldn't make the all time XI:

Gavaskar
Sehwag
Dravid
Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
Dhoni
Kapil Dev
Kumble
Zaheer Khan
Amar Singh
Bishan Singh Bedi
Amar was a very decent all rounder - easily bats above Zaheer and Kumble. Also as much as I love VVS - Kohli / Mankad are better options.

Last edited: