• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Spark

Global Moderator
It really hasn't been a road for a while now. It was on day 1. It's done more than enough since especially today.
i still don't think it's done very much tbh. it's offered a little more to bowlers, especially as far as some bounce goes, but competent batting should be able to score substantial amounts of runs on this pitch.

this would have been fine on day 1, but it's a good pitch to bat on imo.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i still don't think it's done very much tbh. it's offered a little more to bowlers, especially as far as some bounce goes, but competent batting should be able to score substantial amounts of runs on this pitch.

Sure, but there's a difference between a good pitch to bat on and a road. This is objectively not a road since day 2.

TheJediBrah

It annoys a bit how it seems we call nearly everything "a road" these days though, unless it's a minefield. A road should mean absolutely nothing for the bowlers.Today wasn't a road, it was a decent batting pitch with enough help for the bowlers.

TheJediBrah

If India fold tomorrow though, could be interesting if they have <400 runs to play with. I don't give Aus a chance to chase it, but at least it keeps the game a bit more interest.

cnerd123

likes this
Bat again, bat till Lunch tomorrow, get some more overs into the Aussie's legs, give ourselves 5 sessions to bowl them out

Runs don't matter, just grind them to exhaustion.

Australia will be smart about this and probably have Lyon bowl unchanged from one end, with Mitch Marsh bowling a lot of overs as well. Give Haze/Starc/Cummins a break. There is nothing to bowl for here, and don't want to risk an injury with the series to save in Sydney. We could see Finch and Head both have decent length spells too.

Really hard to see a way back into this for Australia. They just gotta go through the motions here, and then back themselves (and the weather) to bat our a draw in the 4th.
This is what I get for being arrogant

they're going to roll us over early tomorrow and pull off a historic 4th innings runchase aren't they? ffs.

cnerd123

likes this
The problem with this is MCG is going to come out of this with a good rating. It seems this is batsmen getting themselves out rather than a pitch offering assistance. But I'm not watching. Interested for opinion of others.
it's exactly what will happen and it's what makes the perth rating such bull****
theoretically the result has nothing to do with the pitch rating. It's entirely down to how the pitch behaves. The Perth game could have been 500 vs 500 or 80 vs 80, if it behaved the same way it would get the same rating.

It's just that the ICC ratings for pitches tend to have batting friendly = good, unless batting friendly = absolutely nothing for the bowlers. And this has enough in it for the bowlers to stay interested.

the big bambino

International Captain
Well the day of reckoning had to come and I’m actually surprised and grateful Australia won a match before this implosion happened. Batting world wide is in a deep depression atm and Australia is amongst the worst. Yet we wilfully made it even weaker and gifted India it’s first series win here. In doing so we put a strain on our bowlers, forcing them to bowl long spells simply because we can’t occupy the crease. I just hate them for what they’ve done to the team.