• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very important last wicket partnership. Barring a miracle we should be in a good position here.

OverratedSanity

Atleast Indiacan kinda hope for a Kohli miracle now, though. Good comeback. After the fist session it looked like 350+ for sure.

That said, I expect India to get rolled for 120 here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Anyway I had to replace a shower head over the last 40 minutes so I'm kind of baffled as to how we got so many runs after Cummins got out

Spark

Global Moderator
Atleast Indiacan kinda hope for a Kohli miracle now, though. Good comeback. After the fist session it looked like 350+ for sure.

That said, I expect India to get rolled for 120 here.
Eh given the pitch, it was always pretty likely that the Paine/Khawaja partnership would have to score the vast bulk of any runs

Arachnodouche

International Captain
How does Pujara play in a situation like this? It's unfair to expect him to change his game but I can't help thinking his usual stoic self is going to cost us wickets in a chasing situation.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Betting site has Australia a 80% favorite. I've sort of agreed with most betting sites so far this series at various stages of the game, but Australia are definitely more than a 80% favorite here. There is no way India would win 1/5 times on this pitch, in this situation. It would have to be the best chase in their 86 year history.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
Yadav's selection looks a mistake in hindsight. Very unlucky from Kumar given how he bowled (and batted) in South Africa that he hasn't played since!

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Betting site has Australia a 80% favorite. I've sort of agreed with most betting sites so far this series at various stages of the game, but Australia are definitely more than a 80% favorite here. There is no way India would win 1/5 times on this pitch, in this situation. It would have to be the best chase in their 86 year history.
I think 80% is seriously generous to Australia tbh

OverratedSanity

Eh given the pitch, it was always pretty likely that the Paine/Khawaja partnership would have to score the vast bulk of any runs
India rolling the tail for "only " 40-odd is as good an outcome as I coulve hoped for even with that last wicket partnership.

OverratedSanity

How does Pujara play in a situation like this? It's unfair to expect him to change his game but I can't help thinking his usual stoic self is going to cost us wickets in a chasing situation.
Everyone should play how they usually do afaic. The chase is going to be so difficult it wont be possible with anyone playing out of character. Pujara has shown he can get runs on tough decks playing slow, the others can attack if they dont trust their defence, and most of them definitely dont.