• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Shri

Mr. Glass
I'd rather go with 4 pacers than play Jadeja tbh.

Vijay
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Vihari
Pant
Bhuvi
Shami
Ishant
Bumrah

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Score card of latest shield game
15th match, Sheffield Shield at Perth, Nov 27-30 2018 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo

Jhye Richardson
https://www.cricket.com.au/video/jh...south-wales-sheffield-shield-video/2018-11-27

If India don't play Bhuvi here, then there is no point of selecting him in test squad.
How do they play him though? India needs the insurance of batsman at 7 with Pant not very dependable. Lyon has taken 7 wickets in that match, so it is not purely a pacers' pitch. Spinner helps in the over rates and resting the pacers too. Jadeja is very good on those counts. The current 3 pacers are locks by the look of it. Hence unless one of them gets injured or break down which is a huge possibility, its difficult for Bhuvi to come in.

sunilz

International Regular
No need to pick Jadeja. play 4 fast bowlers. And Bhuvi is a decent lower order batsman . Averages more than Rohit in SENA.

cnerd123

likes this
Do we really trust Vihari to score more runs at Perth than Bhuvi?

Play 5 bowlers. Let Ishant Shami Bumrah have a reduced workload, keep them fresher for the whole series. Let Bhuvi have a chance to wreck havoc with the new ball. Jadeja helps with overrates.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Question is does one trust Vihari to make more runs than Jadeja. Not sure. It's a compelling tradeoff either way.

SeamUp

International Coach
The Aussies re-joice

Samuel Ferris
@samuelfez
That tiny figure in the white shirt is Mitch Marsh, who has changed out of his training kit and looks to be leaving the ground. Looks like he's not playing in the second #AUSvIND Test

cnerd123

likes this
Question is does one trust Vihari to make more runs than Jadeja. Not sure. It's a compelling tradeoff either way.
Jadeja has to play, we need a spinner. He's in for Ashwin. Battle is between Vihari/Bhuvi for the last spot IMO.

Logically you go for the batsman, but I just want Bhuvi to play and don't rate Vihari at all

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Perth pitch will be considered as sporting or doctored ? Just asking because I have read on this forum many times that Australia doesn't doctor wickets. :ph34r:
In fairness there’s not much advantage for Australia to produce a green top, at least not the current side.

Starfighter

So Perth pitch will be considered as sporting or doctored ? Just asking because I have read on this forum many times that Australia doesn't doctor wickets. :ph34r:
I'd be staggered if the pitch doesn't get a significant mow before the match from that state. Considering India has three bowlers who consistently hit the seam and we only have two (Starc tends to miss it a lot) I doubt a green pitch would advantage us.

harsh.ag

Jadeja has to play, we need a spinner. He's in for Ashwin. Battle is between Vihari/Bhuvi for the last spot IMO.

Logically you go for the batsman, but I just want Bhuvi to play and don't rate Vihari at all
Bhuvi is an automatic pick imo. It's between Jadeja and Vihari.

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
ROHIT & ASHWIN OUT OF PERTH TEST

H.VIHARI & JADEJA IN

( 13 MEMBERS ANNOUNCED)

https://www.cricketcountry.com/news...ari-ravindra-jadeja-in-13-member-squad-777446

India named their 13-member squad for the second Test against Australia in Perth, with offspinner R Ashwin and lower-middle order batsman Rohit Sharma ruled out due to injuries. Prithvi Shaw is still unavailable for selection

Hanuma Vihari and Ravindra Jadeja have been added to the 13-member squad in place of Rohit and Ashwin.

Shaw is still recovering from his left ankle injury he picked up during the practice game in Sydney.

Ashwin has a left-sided abdominal strain while Rohit jarred his lower back while fielding in the 1st Test at Adelaide, both are undergoing treatment.

“The team management is closely monitoring these players and a call on their availability for the third Test will be taken at an appropriate time,” a BCCI release stated.

Ashwin’s unavailability is a big loss as he had taken a six-wicket haul at Adelaide to help India record their first win in a series opener in Australia.

Rohit, who made a Test comeback at the Adelaide Oval, was expected to retain his place in the eleven after scores of 37 and 1.

With the trio unavailable for selection, India included Vihari, Jadeja, Umesh Yadav and Bhuvneshwar Kumar in the 13-member squad.

Squad for 2nd Test: Virat Kohli (C), M Vijay, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane (VC), Hanuma Vihari, Rishabh Pant (WK), Ravindra Jadeja, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Umesh should be given a go. He looks like a better seam bowler than Shami. You cant say that either of them is more likely to spray it than the other. If not for any other reason, the fact that Umesh took a fukin 10-fer in his last match that too played in India which should have worked in his favour in the first place.

Ashwin's injury is a blessing in disguise. Looked toothless in the second innings while Lyon had Pujara dancing.

Jadeja and Bhuvi will be my replacement. Yes Vihari scored a 50 in his debut but Jadeja top scored with 86* in the same innings. Going with 4 bowlers again is a recipe for injury.

Bhuvi
Pant
Jadeja
Ishant
Umesh
Bumrah FTW

Last edited: