• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even the commentators have addressed Starcs poor form with the ball
It’s not not a problem. It’s that there are much bigger problems. The bowling unit kept the form batsman in the world quiet and India to 250 on day 1. Fact. The batting unit lost their 4th wicket prior to getting past 100 in both digs. Fact. The bottom 4 outscored the top 7 in the second dig. Fact.

No team who bats that badly deserves to win a Test.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

It’s not not a problem. It’s that there are much bigger problems. The bowling unit kept the form batsman in the world quiet and India to 250 on day 1. Fact. The batting unit lost their 4th wicket prior to getting past 100 in both digs. Fact. The bottom 4 outscored the top 7 in the second dig. Fact.

No team who bats that badly deserves to win a Test.
Of course the batsmen lost the Test, but that doesn't mean that underperforming bowlers are exempt from criticism

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
While Starc was below his best, calling for him to be dropped for this is kneejerk thinking of the worst kind. Should definitely still play in Perth barring any injury worries.

aussie tragic

International Captain
just read that Paine's captaincy record of 4 Tests without a win is the worst by a new Aussie captain in 90 years. It also said if he was to lose in Perth it will be the worst record in Aussie history.

Well done CA, I hope you are happy with the result of the stupid length of the bans

aussie tragic

International Captain
If Finch opens in Perth, Khawaja will be batting in the first or second over so might as well have him open.

Harris
Khawaja
Handscomb
Smarsh
Finch
Head

Burgey

Putting it out there that Moises Henriques will get a test match before the summer is out.

TheJediBrah

While Starc was below his best, calling for him to be dropped for this is kneejerk thinking of the worst kind. Should definitely still play in Perth barring any injury worries.
No it's not. He's been ordinary for a long time in Tests, and personally I was seriously questioning his place prior to this series even starting. It's not a kneejerk reaction.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
No it's not. He's been ordinary for a long time in Tests, and personally I was seriously questioning his place prior to this series even starting. It's not a kneejerk reaction.
Do you honestly think there is anyone currently available who could do a consistently better job as a strike bowler? Because I seriously doubt that.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Starc has been below his best but he's still been picking up wickets regularly. I think Starc is being made to look worse than he actually is because Hazlewood and Cummins are doing such an excellent job.

Starc also has the habit of picking up wickets regardless of his consistency or the pitch conditions, which is a valuable skill.

If our batting was even remotely up to scratch we'd not really notice Starc's bowling much. He's a valuable part of the 4 man attack we gave at the moment and people who don't realise that frankly don't know a huge amount about bowling.