• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

cnerd123

likes this
Off spinner, will basically be used the way Vijay was. Maybe a bit more to avoid overbowling Ashwin and the seamers if it's a high scoring game.

Pandya would have been so useful. Sigh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not likely to be a high scoring game unless Darsh brings his Shield form to Perth.

Mind you, it'll be interesting to see if India gets as much out of any of the other decks as they did in Adelaide. I was surprised they KOed the d/n test, because heading into the series I thought it was their best chance of a result, given their bowlers get decent movement when conditions suit and our blokes can't play it. But the pitch did a bit anyway, really thought it was a cracking test deck.

I still think if it's bouncy with little sideways in Perth we will win, which sets up an epic final two tests, the last of which as always being the only one which matters.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds like him tbh. These days he'd have been out nine moths while nursed back from injury.

He had a **** load of knee problems in the mid-80s before coming back a bit slower but a lot better in the late 80s, didn't he?

Fmd the game has changed. He was plying League cricket in England in 81 and got a call up to play in an Ashes test after a few blokes got injured. Ridiculous.
Didn't lose any pace

Just learned how to bowl

Quickest bowlers that I ever faced were Rackeman and Alleyne as they put in

McDermott at his peak was a ***** in grade cricket as he didnt care and allowed club players to whack him around

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not likely to be a high scoring game unless Darsh brings his Shield form to Perth.

Mind you, it'll be interesting to see if India gets as much out of any of the other decks as they did in Adelaide. I was surprised they KOed the d/n test, because heading into the series I thought it was their best chance of a result, given their bowlers get decent movement when conditions suit and our blokes can't play it. But the pitch did a bit anyway, really thought it was a cracking test deck.

I still think if it's bouncy with little sideways in Perth we will win, which sets up an epic final two tests, the last of which as always being the only one which matters.
Kohli failed twice here, am backing him to score a century in Perth. If the others can stick around, India should be quite tough to stave off in Perth as well.

Also, an interesting Stat. Out of 20 tests where Kohli won the toss, he has won 17 and drawn 3. Bradman is the only other captain to not lose a match after winning the toss (10 tests). So win toss, win match for Kohli.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think Australia has the bowlers to run through India again, but I’ve no confidence our batsmen will make enough runs for it to matter. If Perth is bouncy with little sideways it’ll help our blokes a fair bit I suppose. Looking forward to seeing the new stadium’s first test. Hope it’s not a soulless shell like the Gabba, which is qld’s Spotless Stadium in Australia’s Chennai.
I reckon we can pen down Pant for dropping a few. That'll help

Burgey

Kohli failed twice here, am backing him to score a century in Perth. If the others can stick around, India should be quite tough to stave off in Perth as well.

Also, an interesting Stat. Out of 20 tests where Kohli won the toss, he has won 17 and drawn 3. Bradman is the only other captain to not lose a match after winning the toss (10 tests). So win toss, win match for Kohli.
He failed six times in a row last year tbf, though I expect him to have a say in the series at some point of course, cos he's such a good player.

All depends on the wicket really. And how everyone pulls up on a four day turnaround. Ashwin and Lyon both bowled massive spells here.

Stapel

International Regular
I'm a bit surprised about the seemingly CW-agreement of not rating Starc.

You could see the value of a left armer in the rough he created for Lyon. But if he’s not getting wickets then you can’t carry him for that reason.
I know it's not just about raw data or stats, but Starc, as one of 4 bowlers, took 1 in 4 wickets, at a decent rate and a very good average. Lyon being the only one that took more wickets. So, it doesn't make sense mentioning 'íf he's not getting wickets'.

Daemon

Australia had us on the ropes in the first dig but he bowled like a drain and let us recover.

In the second innings he was pretty dire with the new ball which went some way in letting our openers both play 50+ deliveries each and set the innings up decently.

The intangibles are important as well.

Burgey

It's not so much that he didn't take poles as he wasted the new ball second innings (both of them). My comment wasn't clear, but I meant you'd leave him out if he wasn't taking wickets, rather than he isn't taking them atm.

Australia lost this test by 31 runs, There were over 30 byes, the vast majority of which came from Starc spraying the ball miles down leg and Paine having no chance to get them. I think the consensus here is that if a bowler had to go, it would be him, rather than he definitely should get rissoled for Perth.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not so much that he didn't take poles as he wasted the new ball second innings (both of them). My comment wasn't clear, but I meant you'd leave him out if he wasn't taking wickets, rather than he isn't taking them atm.

Australia lost this test by 31 runs, There were over 30 byes, the vast majority of which came from Starc spraying the ball miles down leg and Paine having no chance to get them. I think the consensus here is that if a bowler had to go, it would be him, rather than he definitely should get rissoled for Perth.
It's classic Starc in tests. Ricky Ponting is usually on point, but I don't know what kind of crack he is smoking to think Starc is the best in the world.

OverratedSanity

He'd average about 10 runs higher if byes were counted against him.

Still a quality bowler but he's one of the prime examples of a bowler who's stats flatter him just a tad.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah that 2nd new ball spell on the 1st day was shocking. The Test immediately takes on a very different complexion if India are bowled out closer to 200 than 250.