• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of Bangladesh 2018

rodk

School Boy/Girl Captain
ICC website explain in full details
No help on that site.

The MRF Tyres ICC Team Rankings is a rating method developed by David Kendix to rank men’s teams playing across Test, One-Day International and Twenty20 International formats and women’s teams playing One-Day International and Twenty20 International cricket. This rating is worked out by dividing the points scored by the match/series total, with the answer given to the nearest whole number. It can be compared with a batting average, but with points instead of total runs scored and a match/series total instead of number of times dismissed.
I tried this site The very complex Dave Kendix cricket rankings | Stuff.co.nz once I got the name Kendix to narrow it down, but it seems like they were just as flummoxed as I am.

Is there a better system in the offing? Perhaps something along the lines of making tour results a more direct means of assessing teams; ie, assigning point values such as done in tennis?

cnerd123

likes this
Nah ratings are basically a joke and we don't really pay attention to them.

We would ideally like all teams to play in the world cup + a bunch of associates but the ICC feels otherwise. Oh well.

rodk

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nah ratings are basically a joke and we don't really pay attention to them.

We would ideally like all teams to play in the world cup + a bunch of associates but the ICC feels otherwise. Oh well.
No team tournament can really be open to all comers; it would take forever to complete and you would get mismatches with weak clubs entered. There has to be some way of excluding the jokers. Plus, I'm guessing the ICC is taking into account what the broadcasters paying for it want.

I concur that subjectively/objectively ranking people that aren't playing each other is a terrible way to organize tournaments, but what else does anyone have in mind?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Darren Bravo sucked in his return TBH. In fact, he'll be fighting for a spot with Samuels in the full-strength ODI XI now.

Gayle
Lewis
Hope
Junior Lara/Samuels
Hetmyer

That's the top 5.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Darren Bravo sucked in his return TBH. In fact, he'll be fighting for a spot with Samuels in the full-strength ODI XI now.

Gayle
Lewis
Hope
Junior Lara/Samuels
Hetmyer

That's the top 5.
Agreed! Chase/Allen at 6 also.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI seem to somehow be managing to do even worse on this tour than they did against India. At least they made some runs in that series in the ODIs.

Last edited:

Beamer

We really really really suck. We'd suck even with selectors and team management blessed with common sense, but as we have the opposite we have now regressed to total and utter suckyness.

I'll follow the next match but it's getting harder and harder to get up and watch this rubbish.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed! Chase/Allen at 6 also.
Haven't seen Allen's batting yet - but I don't think Chase is good enough for ODI no. 6. I'd take Andre Russell if he's available - and someone like Rovman or even Pollard if Russell isn't available

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Cong Mortaza for 10/0/30/3 m.o.m yesterday but Fizz
10/0/35/3 too not far behind.i wonder why he decided
To pull out from IPL 2019?

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Chase requested more Intent in middle overs
I think nothing will help westindies because their poor
Domestic preparation at home impacts in over seas tour

Beamer

its fine

you'll beat england in a few months
A few months ago I would have said that's a distinct possibility. But we've batted so poorly I just can't see us putting enough runs on the board.

England look like they're getting done confidence away from home also

Beamer

255/7. That was actually an excellent performance in the field. Rovman got his bowling changes right, we hit them with express pace and the other seamers bowled with good variation. Bishoo was actually tight for once. If Oshane hadn't bowled that no ball and Shakib hadn't trolled at least 3 edged boundaries, the score might have been even lower.

Now there are no excuses whatsoever. This pitch is slow but nothing different from what they play on at home. The dew will be out and make the ball come onto the bat slightly better like it did in the first ODI. They have a very chaseable target. Lose this and it's rank bad batting IMHO. Alas, that's what we have though, so I expect them to implode.