• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of India 2018

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope he does. Won't get a better opportunity. Home ground for him as well, so it would be nice.

Burgey

LOL wasn’t that just quality cricket all round? Half tracker, leading edge, dropped catch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This alternate bowling action Kraigg has when he tries to bowl quicker and flatter is some of the filthiest stuff I've ever seen. Off a medium pace run up but with a closed offies's grip and a knuckle-dragging release. Genuine ew.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
...Either you or I can eat our words after 10 years, but my prediction is that Pant will be in consideration for the ATG India XI when he retires.
Pant has been practising hard for a few weeks at the NCA (with Kiran More in attendance, I think).
If it is just an issue of poor coaching when he was young, he would have ironed out a few flaws by now, and we should be able to see an improvement in his keeping in this test.
O yes, I am not saying that he can't improve in coming months and years (just making sure that I don't have to eat my words :) ).

All I am saying is that the keeping we saw in England was not FC-level, let alone test-level. The difference between Saha's keeping and Pant's keeping is the same as the difference between Jadeja's fielding and Ashwin's fielding - but keep in mind that bad keeping impacts matches way more than bad fielding.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jadeja deserves a ton here for the way he's slowly found a way to get his batting to work at this level. Much improvement the last couple of years after the initial disappointment.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Jadeja deserves a ton here for the way he's slowly found a way to get his batting to work at this level. Much improvement the last couple of years after the initial disappointment.
True. Is Ashwin's batting going the other way?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Finally, my star Sir Jadeja gets a much deserved and due century!! Did not post so far, since the last two times I posted on expecting Shaw's double and Pant's century, they got out the next ball.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There it is.

Every time Braithwaite bowls I wonder how he got his 6/29. He barely even spins the ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh, I'm sure Jaddu will do fine. It is definitely a road as far as WI bowlers are concerned though, nothing in it for them.

Basically, it's the exact type of pitch that will bring out the gulf between the sides. India winning the toss and batting first makes it worse as it will have deteriorated a bit by the time WI bat.
Haha yep, it's exactly what I suggested a partisan should prepare before the series:

If I was a partisan groundsman for this series I'd prepare slow flat ones, I think. Like the last home series against England.

The West Indies have some talented batsmen but most of them don't have the ruthless professionalism or body or work behind them needed to consistently post 450+ in the first innings. Turning it into a game where being talented and/or technically adept enough to score 60 against threatening bowlers is a big contribution would only play into their hands by bringing players like Hetmyer, Chase and Holder right into the game, and also not testing the fitness of bowlers like Roach and Gabriel over a long first innings.

vcs

Jadeja's batting average is 33 and bowling average is 23 now.

Getting into proper allrounder territory.